Light-O-Rama Forums

First Pixel always Red

Dcroc

Not sure where to post this since it involves hardware other than LOR.   I am using Holidaycoro pixel nodes, and a 4 channel DMX smart controller I put together from parts bought from there.  Has worked fine for years with the strips I was using.  However, since switching to nodes, the first node on 2 of the outputs is red when it should be off.  It still seems to function fine, with most colors matching when it is triggered, but when it should be "off" it remains lit red.  I have checked that each output is set up correctly.  First is Universe 9, starting channel 1, 58 pixels, no null pixels.  Second is Universe 9, starting channel 175, 58 pixels, no null pixels.  I considered the idea that I was using Universe 9 on both outputs, but corrected that, and it didn't help the problem.   Not a sequencing issue, because the pixel is red with, or without LOR running.  All my network preferences seem to be in order.  I'm using LOR 4,  but don't see why the older version would be an issue when it wasn't before.  I am at a loss.  Any ideas, or suggestions for a work around?

• 4 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have 4 singing C9 bulbs, and the first pixel on each of the 4 props stays on all the time (red).  I have triple checked everything and cannot find what is causing this to stay on.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Also check the controller is set for the correct version-speed of the nodes, some are 'close'  .

Node 1 - Port 1 can be set in HU to initially indicate (echo?) the status LED until the LOR network takes control. Port 2 is not that feature.

I second, swapping ports to see if the trouble follows (bad node) or stays (controller)  <<---

Check that JP5 is not installed  (pixies)

Clear Standalone sequences.

Perform a FULL RESET (Page 35)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with my AlphaPix4 as well.  I changed out strips and replaced with Nodes and seeing this problem.  I am only using 2 ports, but the issue is on all 4.  I changed out the first 2 Pixels on each strand thinking it was a bad pixel, but the issue stayed the same.

I have the same issue with a non LOR pixel string and a LOR Pixie16D on port 16. Red on the first pixel.  This has been happening on the same prop, same pixel, same port for 3 years. I have not paid much attention to the issue until reading this thread. in my case It has not effected the performance of that pixel and the string witch is 100 pixels so I never really gave it much thought. I figured as long as it works as intended, no need to fuss.  It just leaves a little red light on the prop when no show is playing. This prop is one of four singing ornaments. I will swap it to another port and see if the red pixel follows the string or stays with the port. I'll have more info soon. 

1 hour ago, Box on Rails said:

I have the same issue with a non LOR pixel string and a LOR Pixie16D on port 16. Red on the first pixel.  This has been happening on the same prop, same pixel, same port for 3 years. I have not paid much attention to the issue until reading this thread. in my case It has not effected the performance of that pixel and the string witch is 100 pixels so I never really gave it much thought. I figured as long as it works as intended, no need to fuss.  It just leaves a little red light on the prop when no show is playing. This prop is one of four singing ornaments. I will swap it to another port and see if the red pixel follows the string or stays with the port. I'll have more info soon. 

I had the same issue with a ribbon last year with the same result, it did not affect the ribbon when a sequence was playing but stayed red when there was no sequence. I replaced the ribbon and everything was normal, so In my case it was the ribbon.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 5:36 AM, Mr. P said:

I had the same issue with a ribbon last year with the same result, it did not affect the ribbon when a sequence was playing but stayed red when there was no sequence. I replaced the ribbon and everything was normal, so In my case it was the ribbon.

I got the same result. I did the prop switch and the red pixel stayed with the string. I'm just going to run it as is until it dies. between December 2022 and August 2023 I bought  6000 pixels for a new 100x50 matrix and a few smaller props. The string were cheaper Amazon 100 count string and so far pixel failure rate with these cheap pixels has been very high. I know LOR pixels are a bit expensive but their failure rate is super low and last for years. I still use 4 CCP 1's that are the 5 volt, 4 pin that are about 10 years old and they all work fine and  are used every year since 2013. Light O Rama make great products.