Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing props from preview

marcnorthover

Upgraded to 6.2.14.  After closing and re-opening the software the preview is missing a lot of my props:

- a lawn christmas tree with flood light

- 2 sets of fans

- 3 custom components 

- Snowman with flood lights

- lights in the garage frame

I didn't take a backup.  Obviously I can recreate them, but is there a known issue that is causing this?  I am pretty good about saving my work constantly throughout my day.

preview-before-after.jpg

First. export the current preview so at least you can't make it worse.

Are you sure the correct preview is loaded. It looks like you may be seeing a previous version. Look at the tab in the sequence top left and compare to the list in the preview pullout tab top right.

I haven't associated the preview with a sequence yet.  I only have 1 preview for this year in my previews list (top right).   Currently I am adding 1 prop at a time, saving, closing the software, reopening and see if anything is missing.  If I reproduce I will provide more details.  Until then, I will be exporting backups all the time to be safe.  I have been working with the software for more than 10 years, and have never experienced anything like this.

Look in /commondata.

There should be a lorpreviews.xml file. That is where they are stored.

There should also be a lorpreviews.xml.bak. Rename the original so you can get back to it and then rename the .bak. If you are lucky your latest preview MAY be there.

1 hour ago, marcnorthover said:

Upgraded to 6.2.14. 

From what version?  Your profile shows an S5 version.  It SHOULDN'T make a difference however.