Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating singing faces on a matrix

jgcorl

I am looking to use my matrix to create singing faces.  I want to be able to use my same matrix to animate pumpkins for Halloween and Christmas trees for Christmas time.  Where do I begin to set up a face on the matrix and make its mouth animate?  Any help is appreciated!

It can be done -- basically you create images as clipart with each movement (smile, open mouth, closed mouth, etc). Then in your sequence insert each image to match your song's required movement.  If you go to about 4:50 in this video you will see my Jingle Bells with Winnie the Pooh characters singing the song.  Excuse the qualitiy of the video but hopefully it will give you an idea of what can be done.

Are you looking for cartoon animated singing faces? Here is a video I made A while back showing how I create singing animated characters using the S5/6 motion effects rows. there is also another method I use with Picture files that work kinda the same way. The best way to show you how they work Is for me to send you a sequence file I have done using animated pictures. let me know your email address and I'll send you a Halloween sequence. I use 2 Matrixes now in my show. a 100x50 and a 50x48. This is How I animated Cartman from South Park a couple of years ago. It's not the best quality video but you will see the basic set up I use for motion effects.

• 2 weeks later...