Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Ribbon original

Brian1972

Looking to purchase a few new ribbons. I have the original cosmic ribbon that is not available anymore from light o Rama. Does anyone know where I can buy them from? 

thank you 

8 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Weren't the originals 5V? 

LOR later changed to 12V.  (was it just the Pixie2 batch)

The ones I was given was told they were original CCR's.  The ones I have are 12V, 3-wire(white wire and dangles).  Strip is marked 12VDC, +,-and DT.  Tested on my Pixie16D which is 12V, and they lit up, no magic smoke escaped while I was checking them out in the HU.😂

When LOR was clearing them out, I only saw 12V versions at the time(I was looking for 5V C9 RGB Strawberry strings). So I really have no idea if there was ever a 5V version or not, since I never bought any of the CCR ribbons, as I knew I'd never use them.  Just felt they were too difficult to mount, and a bit too flimsy looking for my taste. 

I prefer the traditional style look for outlines and such.  I use bullets, or my preference, square flat nodes for my RGB props.

THE ONES that i have are lor 6803-12v  cosmic color ribbon  controller   cr 150d the only place that will have them IS Ray WU search  all others i tried were  rbg NOT  rgb which is the order lor used, in the new strips they are ws 2811 - 3 wire not 4 wire you might be able to change the order using the controller???

Edited by sysco

Ones I have are RGB, but yes, even if you got RBG, it can be changed in the controller (Pixie4 8 or 16) for whichever port requires a different setting.  But you need to remember that port and light string go together, as you can have variations on different ports on a Pixie4, Pixie8 or Pixie16. 

I don't recall if it can be changed on a Pixie2 or not, if so, it would be the same for both ports on a Pixie2.

Edited by Orville

6 minutes ago, Orville said:

Ones I have are RGB, but yes, even if you got RBG, it can be changed in the controller (Pixie4 8 or 16) for whichever port requires a different setting.  But you need to remember that port and light string go together, as you can have variations on different ports on a Pixie4, Pixie8 or Pixie16. 

I don't recall if it can be changed on a Pixie2 or not, if so, it would be the same for both ports on a Pixie2.

A pixie2 yes, you can change the order. However the original ccr controllers were not pixie2's. 

J.R.

• Thanks 1

I have a 12 CCR tree/w/6 Channel star. The CCR's are all 12v.  I do need to replace one which has lost a red channel in the middle - is there a best place to order and which part # is the LOR replacemet.  I am understand I may need to replace the connector with the LOR version, which is fine.

46 minutes ago, htebault said:

I have a 12 CCR tree/w/6 Channel star. The CCR's are all 12v.  I do need to replace one which has lost a red channel in the middle - is there a best place to order and which part # is the LOR replacemet.  I am understand I may need to replace the connector with the LOR version, which is fine.

If you want the original CCRs they were LPD6803 and you can get some here:

https://www.amazon.com/LPD6803-SMD5050-150LEDs-Waterproofing-Skipping/dp/B08S31QCLD/ref=sr_1_4?crid=37UPLTGBI5IFN&keywords=lpd6803+pixel&qid=1695909622&sprefix=lpd6803+pixel%2Caps%2C85&sr=8-4

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 3:22 PM, Mr. P said:

If you want the original CCRs they were LPD6803 and you can get some here:

https://www.amazon.com/LPD6803-SMD5050-150LEDs-Waterproofing-Skipping/dp/B08S31QCLD/ref=sr_1_4?crid=37UPLTGBI5IFN&keywords=lpd6803+pixel&qid=1695909622&sprefix=lpd6803+pixel%2Caps%2C85&sr=8-4

Thanks for the note, but that one is out of stock and not date. Any other source ?   Two of my CCR have 1 bad LED on each, One is bad green, the other is bad red. = so I notice it when a full color wash happens, or all white will show it up. Otherwise, it is ok to run.