Light-O-Rama Forums

New WS2811 FCOB led strips

Mr. P

Has anyone used these new led strips? Typical strips would be 30 leds/meter or 50 pixels/150 leds for a 5m strip. These FCOB strips run 720 leds a meter or 3600 leds per 5m strip. They would use a ton of channels but they create a single consistent line and could have a use in certain types of locations or props.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BW5T6HW4?ref=emc_p_m_5_i&th=1

Edited by Mr. P

Looking at them from the link provided, looks to me like they could be useable with LOR smart RGB controllers up to the maximum nodes LOR allows.

Thinking about buying one of the cheaper $9.99 strips just to mess around with it, and see what the limitations would be.  Since these are not really individually controlled nodes, looks like one chip controls around 5 or more nodes at a time,  kind of makes it look like a combination of smart and dumb along the same ribbon.  Just my speculation of it, I really won't know more until I get hold of one and play around with it.

These are the exact LED's I am looking at..  Trying to figure out if they work with LOR, E1.31, Superstar, QuinLED-Dig-Octa Brainboard-32-8L or will I need to get a pixcon16 board..  

Just so you know, I asked if they had any that were for outdoor or IP67 silicone covered..  They do not..  We will have to put them into some kind of silicone track..