Light-O-Rama Forums

Can anyone tell me if you can convert an S4 8ch AC controller singing tree/bulb sequence - LED String - to S6 Pixie controller smart pixel singing tree/bulb ???

Crolab

Hello all !!

Just hoping someone out there has done this before and can guide me through the process if it is even possible to copy the old sequencing to a smart pixel version ?? The singing trees/bulbs are the older light string versions from HolidayCoro.

The new singing/trees/bulbs are the new HolidayCoro RGB Trees - 307 pixels and bulbs 200 pixels wired as the coro board shows with 3 100 ct sets on the trees and 4 50ct sets on the bulbs. The trees have each 100ct set wired for 3 pixie channels with the extra 7 pixels attached to the third 100ct sets for a total of 307  And the trees have the first 100 pixels (2-50ct sets attached together) for channel 1 and the second 100 pixels  (2-50ct sets attached together) for channel 2 for the total of 200 pixels.

You would just Copy & Paste from AC Prop to Pixel Motion Effect Row..

AC "Outline" to Pixel "Outline" motion effect row in sequencer...

AC "Eyes Open" to Pixel "Eyes Open" motion effect row in sequencer...

ScreenShot00061.thumb.jpg.0b018b247ae7bbc57b111ec98db700b6.jpg

Etc....  Real Easy

Edited by Jimehc

Copy/paste is the way to do it. The only thing I would add is before you copy the entire row of the AC channel and paste it, set the color in the preview to be what you want in the new RGB sequence. It will copy and paste as that color. It can be any color, not just a color you would typically see with a traditional light string.

This way you don’t need to update the color after you paste.

40 minutes ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

Copy/paste is the way to do it. The only thing I would add is before you copy the entire row of the AC channel and paste it, set the color in the preview to be what you want in the new RGB sequence. It will copy and paste as that color. It can be any color, not just a color you would typically see with a traditional light string.

This way you don’t need to update the color after you paste.

You can also change the colors inside the RGB prop as an entire row by selecting the row(s) and select Foreground/ Apply Toolbar Hue. For someone like me that manually sequences and use 1/2 grid squares and fade downs this is the best thing since S5 came out.

I used to do it your way but its easy to make a mistake and unknowingly save the mistake in the original/ donor copy.

@ the OP - if those new HC props have 10 + mouth movements you will have to go through and re sequence to get them to look good.

JR

When I change the color of my smart singing pixel props I highlight the section of the ME row/rows that I want to change and then press shift+M This brings up the ME editor. Then I change the effect it to any color using the color wash effect. In addition, I can add any Motion effect to the singing elements. for example I will use the Lava Motion effect on pumpkins. it looks really cool.  I think the shift+m key might be the short cut for what Jr is talking about. It is a real powerful tool when sequencing sing pixel elements. The sky is the limit as to the color or effects to be used with smart pixels and Motion effects.