Light-O-Rama Forums

My neighbor did everything!

Pharon Phy

I purchased a couple of controllers to incorporate my Christmas lights with my neighbor. He did everything!!! All I did was plug my lights to the units on the controllers he told me to. He has since moved and I would like to continue with a small show. I really don't have a lot of time this season but my question is, If I purchase the ShowTime Central Addon Package: Transmitter/MiniDirector along with a pre loaded SD Card, to go along with my controllers, can I create a small show without a computer and sequencing? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

You sure can as that kit comes with eveything for a small show. It kinda blows that the neighbor up and moved on you but it is what it is. My neighbors purchased two controllers several years ago so they could add on to my show. They moved two years ago so i bought their boxes from them since they wouldn't be using them anymore.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Thanks 1

Can you get in contact with the neighbor and get the files? With some help from the folks on here it may not be as hard as you think to just setup what he did.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately I have know idea where he moved to. But thanks stevehoyt! Soooo… with the above mentioned package, a timer can be used to stop and end the show? Not sure how the mini Director works.

1 hour ago, Pharon Phy said:

Unfortunately I have know idea where he moved to. But thanks stevehoyt! Soooo… with the above mentioned package, a timer can be used to stop and end the show? Not sure how the mini Director works.

Yes, you can use a timer with the mini director and the show will start when powered on.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pharon Phy said:

I purchased a couple of controllers to incorporate my Christmas lights with my neighbor. He did everything!!! All I did was plug my lights to the units on the controllers he told me to. He has since moved and I would like to continue with a small show. I really don't have a lot of time this season but my question is, If I purchase the ShowTime Central Addon Package: Transmitter/MiniDirector along with a pre loaded SD Card, to go along with my controllers, can I create a small show without a computer and sequencing? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

My first year I started in October and had a 16 channel show up and running on Thanksgiving weekend. That was 2012. I did exactly what you are doing. I had 1 controller and a mini director and purchased sequences from LOR and I bought a tune to sign from a sign shop that I designed off of a website. I lit the sign up with a spotlight.

You should have no problem getting a show running. Good luck with everything.

Eric

• Thanks 1

Just remember that your neighbor probably programmed your controllers to be a certain controller number. You want to reset them to 1 and whatever you want the 2nd one to be if you get predone seq from LOR. Look at their layout and choose your controller number for the 2nd controller.

• Like 1