Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help sequencing HolidayCoro RGB Singing Trees and Bulbs using smart pixels ??

Crolab

I have the prop file for these props and they have motion effects. I am pretty good with S4, just started to learn S5, and now trying to just jump into S6 and not spend too much time trying to learn all the in-between stuff. LOL  My singing trees and bulb have (regular LED) have made the journey. Last year my LED singing props needed to be re-done. Rather than re-building the old ones, I built new ones with the new RGB version of both the trees and the bulbs (HolidayCoro).  I used smart pixel sets and put them in following the map on the coro board. I need to know how to make these work ?? The old standard set up used 8 channels for each face/bulb. The new setup Tree uses 307 pixels. 3 - 100ct pixel sets plugged into 3 channels on a pixie 4 (the extra 7 pixels are attached to the 3rd 100ct set) The new setup Bulb uses 200 pixels. 4 - 50ct pixel sets plugged into a pixie 4. Each 100ct pixel set is plugged into 1 pixie channel I have 2 of each (2 Trees and 2 Bulbs) My understanding is you use the motion effect rows to sequence these props. Is there anyone out there who has already done this ?? Converting sequences from older standard LED sets to Smart Pixels. I really need help. If there is anyone out there who can show/tell me how this is done. Or does anyone have a converted sequence they could share with me so I can see what needs to be done ?? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would surely appreciate it !!  :) :) 

copy the AC row for each movement into the proper Pixel Motion effect row...

Outline to outline - eyes open to eyes open, etc.

This is assuming the Motion Effect rows have been setup in the Prop Definition

The AC row ?? Are you referring to the channel programming ??  The motion effect rows are listed in the prop file. If the definitions are not set up, how do you set up the prop definition ??

My shows have been 90% AC controller based.  Except for 1 CCR Tree and a half a dozen CCR arches. If I could see the end product, I could understand it better. Do you have any of these singing props RGB (Holiday Coro) singing trees/bulbs running in any of your shows ?? Someone out there must have upgraded their original light string versions to RGB and would have the knowledge of the process that would be willing to share that info with me.

4 hours ago, Crolab said:

The AC row ?? Are you referring to the channel programming ??  The motion effect rows are listed in the prop file. If the definitions are not set up, how do you set up the prop definition ??

My shows have been 90% AC controller based.  Except for 1 CCR Tree and a half a dozen CCR arches. If I could see the end product, I could understand it better. Do you have any of these singing props RGB (Holiday Coro) singing trees/bulbs running in any of your shows ?? Someone out there must have upgraded their original light string versions to RGB and would have the knowledge of the process that would be willing to share that info with me.

It sounds like you need a prop definition file. I used to use the HC pixel singing tree. when I get home I'll see if I can find my old preview file. Is your HC tree wired per the HC set up?

I found one but I have heavily modified it to create a three piece prop group. One prop is only the Outline section. one prop is only the eyes and one prop is only the mouth positions. These three props are in a group and they are set up for 2 150 pixel strings using one CCP2 controller. It has 3 ME rows for the outline. 3 ME rows for the eyes that include eyes open, eyes closed and angry eyes. The ME rows for the Mouth positions are set up to work with the standard 10 mouth positions used in the Papagayo animation lip sync program. I don't know how proficient you are with the S6 prop definition editor but it might not be to hard to create a new prop set up for the HC standard set up using this custom prop group I made. PM me your email if interested and I will send it your way. 

Knny Jure

Hello Kenny,

Yes, my trees are wired per the holiday coro diagram on the back of the coro board. there are 3 100ct pixel sets one on each of 3 channels on a pixie 4 . The third set is attached to the extra 7 pixels to complete the board.  The singing bulbs are also wired as per their diagram on the back of the board. 4 50ct sets for a total of 200 pixels. two 50ct sets and plugged together for channel 1 and the two 50ct sets plugged together for channel 2  I have 2 of these plugged into a pixie 4  One bulb on channels one and two, and the second bulb on channels three and four.

I have a prop file for both the trees and bulbs I found on a forum here. It lists the ME rows. Where can you see/edit which pixels are assigned ?? And how do I convert the old S4/S5 LED string programming to the new RGB Props ??  If you have any of your old HC RGB files, that would be great. How do I get into the S6 prop definition editor. That sounds like where I should be looking. If you had the PropFiles I found here and could look at them, do you think you could help me go further with this ?? And, I am also new to the forums. How do I PM you ?? 

15 hours ago, Crolab said:

Hello Kenny,

Yes, my trees are wired per the holiday coro diagram on the back of the coro board. there are 3 100ct pixel sets one on each of 3 channels on a pixie 4 . The third set is attached to the extra 7 pixels to complete the board.  The singing bulbs are also wired as per their diagram on the back of the board. 4 50ct sets for a total of 200 pixels. two 50ct sets and plugged together for channel 1 and the two 50ct sets plugged together for channel 2  I have 2 of these plugged into a pixie 4  One bulb on channels one and two, and the second bulb on channels three and four.

I have a prop file for both the trees and bulbs I found on a forum here. It lists the ME rows. Where can you see/edit which pixels are assigned ?? And how do I convert the old S4/S5 LED string programming to the new RGB Props ??  If you have any of your old HC RGB files, that would be great. How do I get into the S6 prop definition editor. That sounds like where I should be looking. If you had the PropFiles I found here and could look at them, do you think you could help me go further with this ?? And, I am also new to the forums. How do I PM you ?? 

I sent you a PM