Light-O-Rama Forums

Finding the Channels to Program

Edward McDowell

Okay to everyone that's trying to help I appreciate your help but I can't even figure out how to find them in my sequencer yet alone program them. If I could find them I know how to make them twinkle I know how to make them fade I know how to make them change colors I can't even locate them in the sequencer That's my problem I've asked later on and they're absolutely no help I'm about to take all this stuff into the center of my driveway and take a sledgehammer to it because I've been working on this for 2 weeks and I've gotten absolutely nowhere I've watched all the videos I've been in all the forums nothing is helping!!!

5 hours ago, Edward McDowell said:

Okay to everyone that's trying to help I appreciate your help but I can't even figure out how to find them in my sequencer yet alone program them. If I could find them I know how to make them twinkle I know how to make them fade I know how to make them change colors I can't even locate them in the sequencer

Assuming the channel or channels are in the preview you are using, most likely at some point, you created a custom view that does not include those channel or channels.  Change to "Show all channels" and those channels will presumably show up.

12 hours ago, Edward McDowell said:

Okay to everyone that's trying to help I appreciate your help but I can't even figure out how to find them in my sequencer yet alone program them. If I could find them I know how to make them twinkle I know how to make them fade I know how to make them change colors I can't even locate them in the sequencer That's my problem I've asked later on and they're absolutely no help I'm about to take all this stuff into the center of my driveway and take a sledgehammer to it because I've been working on this for 2 weeks and I've gotten absolutely nowhere I've watched all the videos I've been in all the forums nothing is helping!!!

Original poster is asking about traditional 120VAC light strings, seems you are using RGB strings since you stated you can change colors, and that's an entirely different type bulb, as well as if, are they Dumb or Smart RGB? What controller are you controlling them with?

Just trying to discern which type of light string(s) you're actually using here. 

As, from your description of being able to change colors sounds more like RGB strings, and doing this along a single 120VAC strand IS NOT possible. 

You would have to create what they call superstrings, which would be mutiple strings tied together, and each color in each string would be a single color, like string 1 clear(white), string 2 green, string 3 blue, string 4 red and each string WOULD REQUIRE its own channel, so in this example 4 channels on an AC Controller, like the CTB16PC would be required.

This is why many of us moved into the RGB lighting, less controllers, less cat5 cables, and if Smart RGB, no longer a need for multiple AC strings tied together eating up a lot of channels and added controllers.

Sorry folks, not trying to write a novel here, but I can undertand the frustration trying to make this stuff work sometimes.

Best advice from all this is, take a break away from the aspect giving you issues, think, chill on it, and get back to that part of it, but, meanwhile work on a different part of your project, a different sequence, or on a prop, while giving thought to the problem you're trying to get working.

• Like 1