Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to convert old wireframe to rgb - channel questions

Frankieswi

Pixels in coro pre-punched pumpkin.  Pixels cannot always be placed in an order that fits the coro.  for example, i have to zig-zag to make them fit, so one pixel may be part of the mouth, the next pixel part of the nose, then the next is back to the mouth. I'm trying to be able to make it "look like a pumpkin".... but also, to do motion effects on the prop as a whole.  ok, so i have the prop defined and it works great for motion effects.  the problem is when i try to re-order the channel levels (because of the placement-see above), i will have channels 1 and 3 as part of the mouth, and 2 as part of the nose....imagine 250 pixels out of perfect order.  when i open the sequence and re-order the channels, is there a way to save that order and copy it into another sequence while preserving the new order?  I have group the channel levels as mouth, nose, eye, outline, etc as needed, but cannot transfer that order.  I seem to have to edit that order on all sequences!

Edited by Frankieswi

(Self Reply)  OK, I figured it out.

in Sequence 1, i enabled channel level on the prop.  I then reordered the channels to match the prop, converting each set to a "Convert to Grid View Group".  Then, saved as a new Grid View, which i exported to a channel group file.  then i simply imported the file into a new sequence, and he order is maintained.  I did notice that when I have channel-level columns populated, motion effects do not override them, so when i want my "pumpkin" to be part of a motion effect, I have to clear the channel level columns for the duration of the effect. (is this normal?)

You are correct. Show all is a system generated grid view with limited customization. Just create your custom grids, export them and forget Show all. Whenever you start a new sequence import the custom grids