Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm having a problem with the version 6.4

RKW Nevada Lights

I wound like to roll back to version 5.6.6 if possible without losing anything.  When I tried The computer said I had to delete the latest program first, I'm scared I will loose things.

Thanks for any help.

Rick

In order to roll back, it is usually best to do an uninstall then reinstall the earlier version. Do not manually delete anything. This will not affect your data files, but you should always have a backup just in case.

Having said that, it is possible, if you have used some new feature in the newer version, that they will not work in the older version.

What sort of problems are you having. It has been a long time since 5.6. 

The problem is after I upgraded to 6.2.4 some of my props did not show up in the sequencer.  The name is there on the left side of the screen and it appears everything plays okay, but some of the props do not show up on the grid and some show up as just white outline boxes and some are fine. I hope that makes sense to you. 

Thanks Rick.

What you appear to be describing is the Motion Effect Row option in sequencer preferences - set to Icon - rather then alternating color

ScreenShot00037.jpg

You are right the problem is in the motion effect rows. It was set to icon, but the motion row order was set to top I changed it to bottom. now I can see the more of the props, but they still show up as an empty box with a white outline. The prop that is red in color doesn't show up at all in the motion effect row, but if I place a new prop in red it will show up as an empty box with a white outline.

2023-09-01.png

Not all the Motion Effects will show an Icon Color - but rather a white outline

I believe shimmer and twinkle are two that do that - Matt addressed the Issue a few releases ago....

If you set to Alternating Color - you should see the effect the old way...

Since the Icon Color is rather new - it has not been fully perfected (but still a nice feature)

Thanks for your help, I understand the program better now. The reason that I couldn't see somethings is because I did not have the prop fully open. total operator error.

Thanks again for your help.