Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting/Securing Props on Artificial Grass

ChrisM714

Hello, does anyone have any suggestions or have experience mounting props on artificial grass?  This is my 2nd year using LOR (RBG pixels) and I am adding 8 Boscoyo medium sized pixel trees to my show.  My first thought is thin metal stakes but the idea of puncturing them through the new turf rattles the nerves a bit.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am located in Southern CA so snow is not an issue but my area is prone to medium to high winds in the late fall/early winter.

2 hours ago, ChrisM714 said:

Hello, does anyone have any suggestions or have experience mounting props on artificial grass?  This is my 2nd year using LOR (RBG pixels) and I am adding 8 Boscoyo medium sized pixel trees to my show.  My first thought is thin metal stakes but the idea of puncturing them through the new turf rattles the nerves a bit.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am located in Southern CA so snow is not an issue but my area is prone to medium to high winds in the late fall/early winter.

1 Gallon (or larger as needed) black flower pots that plants come in filled with an anchor loop  or 1" Emt stub (leave some above the fill to allow a hole for a pin. 1" allows 3/4 to slide inside.

34 minutes ago, ChrisM714 said:

Great suggestion!  Thank you!

I missed a word: Filled with concrete 😕

4 hours ago, ChrisM714 said:

am located in Southern CA so snow is not an issue but my area is prone to medium to high winds in the late fall/early winter.

good ol santa ana winds.  you could use a 2x8 painted black/ green or something like that if your trees are laid out in a line. with the winds you can get you may want a safety line tethered to them just in case they catch some wind.

17 hours ago, Dr_Aplet said:

good ol santa ana winds.  you could use a 2x8 painted black/ green or something like that if your trees are laid out in a line. with the winds you can get you may want a safety line tethered to them just in case they catch some wind.

Yes, exactly!  The Santa Anas can get pretty strong in my area.  Thanks for the suggestion! 

18 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I missed a word: Filled with concrete 😕

I figured that.  Thanks again!