Light-O-Rama Forums

Owner

Edgar Land

I am new to Light-O-Rama. A friend sold me his controller and I want to buy a license to operate it. The number Inside the controller box is PL5.0-20-130B. I have 20 small trees each with 100 red lights 100 white lights and 100 green lights. Please advise my next step. Thanks. 

If I were you I'd purchase one of the LOR Starter Kits (packs), but I'd upgeade the license to PRO, as that level license will open ALL options of what the software can do and control.

This way, as your display grows, and if you get into RGB lighting (and you will eventually), your license and software will be ready to use with the RGB products and controllers, as well as the LOR AC (ctb16pc) controllers, so whatever LOR controller you have, your license and software will work with it.

And you can download the software now, it's the demo version and won't control lights until you purchase a license, but gives you the option to somewhat learn the software.

But, again, definitely go with the PRO or whatever the highest license level is available, in the long haul of it, you'll be glad you did.  Yes, the higher license does cost more, but, believe me, it's well worth the investment!

3 hours ago, Edgar Land said:

I am new to Light-O-Rama. A friend sold me his controller and I want to buy a license to operate it. The number Inside the controller box is PL5.0-20-130B. I have 20 small trees each with 100 red lights 100 white lights and 100 green lights. Please advise my next step. Thanks. 

That number might be a Box (the case) number.  ?? (Mouser shows a chip with that number.)  .

Modern LOR models Start with CT   (Controller Triac for AC), CM (Controller MOSFET for dumb DC) . Is the circuit board Visible? That will have the (base family) model number. Controllers starting with PIX are for Smart LEDs

ALSO NOTE: Do NOT plug an Ethernet connection into any LOR controller. LOR only use a CAT5 CABLE because they are common and easy to use.  You need a LOR USB-> RS-485 adapter.

FWIW HU does work in Demo Mode and with a LOR adapter, it can list what Controller and firmware it finds.