Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost 3 channels on one controller

Rob Bartlett

I have three channels on one of my LOR1602W controllers that have stopped working. I assume all I have to do is reset that controller.

Am I right and what is the easiest way of doing so? I don't think I will lose any info for that controller after reseting it but would like some help. Oh yeah, those channels work if directly hooked up to an outlet.

Thanks in advance for any advise, Rob

After further investigation I have found that all of channels 1-8 are not working. I tried the reset procedure from another blog that I saw and that did not work. I also switched the fuses from one side to the other and still channels 1-8 are not working. So that means both fuses are good. Anyone have any ideas?

check your power connections, is it dual feed or single feed with a jumper.

Check the power supply if it is dual feed the circuit may be dead. if it is single feed and a jumper check the jumper wire and see if it is good.

Anthony

Okay, I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what the feeds and jumpers are but I did some more investigating. My controller (LOR1602W) has two 15 amp circuits with two cords. I did have one extention cord with a splitter to attach both cords to power the whole controller.

I disconnected both cords from the splitter and plugged them in individually to one single extention cord one at a time. Channels 1-8 did not work but channels 9-16 did work with the same extention cord. I also swapped the fuses again and they both work on the right side (9-16) and neither worked on the left side.

Now we know the cord coming from channels 1-8 on controller is not excepting power and the fuse to that side is good.

Anyone have any ideas?

I would also like to thank everyone who has put any input into any of these forums. Without your input Christmas just wouldn't be the same.

Rob

hitchstuffers wrote:

I disconnected both cords from the splitter and plugged them in individually to one single extention cord one at a time. Channels 1-8 did not work but channels 9-16 did work with the same extention cord. I also swapped the fuses again and they both work on the right side (9-16) and neither worked on the left side.

Rob

In order for the onboard electronics to work the right (9-16) power cord has to be plugged in. In the above if you ONLY had the power cord for the left (1-8) plugged in and not the right. There would be NO activity on the board cause the electronics would not be powered.

Chuck

Okay, now I feel like an idiot. I did just about everything except plugging it in without changing the splitter. Of course I use a different splitter and all is well. Didn't think the splitter was bad because I used it last year and it was a big thick contractor style splitter, thought it would last forever. The splitter was only used for last years show and nothing else. Go figure!

I did not know the board had to have both power sources plugged in to work. Thanks Chuck, that was a big help.

Thanks again to all who attempted to help.

Rob

What type of splitter are you using. LOR uses a 485 network which is primarily designed to be a daisy chain. LOR just this year came out with a device that will allow a different hardwire typology than a straight line.

Chuck