Light-O-Rama Forums

Smooth to Fades Level

Yodlei
Go to solution Solved by k6ccc,

On v5.6.8 Pro using LED/mini lights. Can someone explain what this is under the Sequence section in the Sequencer? I tried searching but only 3 topics came up & was turning the level off when people couldn't see a difference with very small change. Thx!

Edited by Yodlei
added LED/mini lights

• Solution

What that does is that if there are VERY tiny level changes (for example 99 to 100 %), it will be ignored.  There are situations where you need it to not ignore those tiny changes, so one setting or the other forces it to not ignore those tiny changes.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

What that does is that if there are VERY tiny level changes (for example 99 to 100 %), it will be ignored.  There are situations where you need it to not ignore those tiny changes, so one setting or the other forces it to not ignore those tiny changes.

I assume for bulb brightness maybe? I see many discussions mentioning percentages but so far, I haven't had any reason to do this or where this would apply. Maybe I'm not understanding. Just noticed that option when trying to research 1 of my other ?'s. Sounds like maybe more helpful if using pixels or where would this apply using LEDs?

Have you ever thought about quiet portions of the music as lower light levels and louder climactic moments being very bright...... 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Have you ever thought about quiet portions of the music as lower light levels and louder climactic moments being very bright...... 

Yep. Good explanation. I have a musical background so I get it now.

4 hours ago, Yodlei said:

I assume for bulb brightness maybe?

Here's an example.  During my year round landscape lighting, the front porch steps are a very dim white.  That means that the blue is 2%.  When someone walks up to the steps, they ramp up to a brighter white.  At that time the blue is 4%.

And another example.  There have been in the past issues with some controllers / firmware combinations that if a controller never saw any lighting changes for a channel, it would eventually turn that channel off.   Again during the year round landscaping lighting, there are some lights that are turned on and never changed.  I would end up with lights off because the controller had not seen a lighting command for that channel for hours.  Solution was to ramp that light from 100 to 99% and back at least every few minutes.  You will never see a 100 > 99 > 100 lighting change on most lights, but it prevented the controller from timing out the light.

• Thanks 1