Light-O-Rama Forums

Need some help? Ask me

k6ccc

I had knee replacement surgery 5 days ago, so for a while, I have a TON of time available - particularly time sitting in front of my computer.

So, if you need some help with something (particularly the computer side of it) feel free to ask.  As long as it's something I know well, I'm pretty happy to help out.  It will give me stuff to do....

Hi Jim sorry to hear about your knee surgery hope all is well . I've been getting the gel injections in both knee's for the last 4 years seems to work ok for now    Dennis

10 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hi Jim sorry to hear about your knee surgery hope all is well . I've been getting the gel injections in both knee's for the last 4 years seems to work ok for now    Dennis

It's been due for years.  Glad to have the first one done.

Doc tried the gel on the left one and it did nothing.  That was the last "checkbox" to try before the surgical option.

Hey Jim, The aches and pains of us growing "more capable" with age...lol. Happens to all of us sooner or later. I got so tired of sitting at home, retired, I up and took on a new retirement job with the government. Effectively starting a new career. Yep, I sure notice the aches and pains associated with it too. So busy in fact, not sure I'll even be able to do a show this year. Wife is hinting for me Not to do it. Anyway, rest, then get onto the physical therapy which will be important and you'll be better in little time.

David

• 1 month later...

Jim,

My copy of the spiral tree is not working with Win11, if you have a working copy can you tell me how tall I can make a tree with 

base  8ft  ,  1.5 turns ,  tot chan 16 ,  viewing 180 , strings per chan 1 , direction 1 , length of string 24.3 ft.

Thanks Earle

3 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

My copy of the spiral tree is not working with Win11,

I assume you mean the Spiral Tree calculator.  Yes, I have it.

SpiralTree_for+EarleT.png

And if the image does not imbed, here is a direct link to it:  http://www.newburghlights.org/images/SpiralTree_for+EarleT.png

Thanks Jim, that's the same as what I had about 3 years ago, I got a new tower the other day and can go higher but wanted to check to make sure I didn't go higher than my lights would allow.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tmcmillin2001 said:

What are some cool motion effect ideas for the RGB Frames kit (4 frames)?

I assume you are talking about the window frames kit:  https://store.lightorama.com/collections/director-run-show-traditional-pixel-lights/products/cpc-package-window-frames?_pos=2&_sid=14bf04ace&_ss=r&variant=43011873046773

I don't have window frames, and I do almost all my sequencing in SuperStar, so sequencing window frames in Motion Effects is not exactly my expertise.  However, I would think that the Marquis, sweeps and chases would be your friends.