Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - S6.2.10 Play button in Motion Effect Generator

wicket82

When you hit play, it plays correctly from the beginning. And you can pause it just fine. But when you hit play again, it starts playing where it left it. That is fine for short sections of music. But say you have a 30 second section of music with a motion effect (say a picture moving across the screen), if you hit play and it plays for 5 seconds and then you want to start it over at the beginning, you can't. You either have to let it finish playing or close out the effect and reopen it. It would be nice if there was a way make it play from the beginning instead of continuing from where it left off. Before it would start at the beginning whenever the play button was pressed. Maybe could add a stop button or just revert it back to the way it was in 6.2.6.

9 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Ok. Didn't see that. So, guess now we have to press and hold an extra button to do something we have always been able to do like just pressing play to start over. Just seems like a step back to me. Guess I will eventually have to get used to it thought. Thanks for all the hard work with the software.

If loop mode is off, then there is no need to hold down the shift button. So at least in that case, there are no extra key presses required. Thanks for the feedback.

Matt

23 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

If loop mode is off, then there is no need to hold down the shift button. So at least in that case, there are no extra key presses required. Thanks for the feedback.

Matt

I just tried it with the loop mode off and you still have to hold down the shift key for it to start back at the beginning. It still just pauses it and starts back at the where it left off. So, the only way I see to use it like it used to be is to now hold down the shift button and click play.

Sorry about that. Yes, if the effect is still playing then holding the shift button down is required. If the effect has stopped, that is when holding down the shift key is optional.

11 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Sorry about that. Yes, if the effect is still playing then holding the shift button down is required. If the effect has stopped, that is when holding down the shift key is optional.

If it has stopped, then yes, hitting the play button starts at the beginning. My issue is if it's playing and you hit the play button, it pauses, which is fine. But when I hit the play button again, it starts where it left off. It was not like this is previous versions. Doing it this way, it adds an extra button press to make it start back from the beginning. I start and stop effects all the time to get it how I like it. So now I guess I will have to remember to press and hold the Shift Key every time I want to start and stop effects.