Light-O-Rama Forums

2" or 3" SPACING?

Dcroc

What is the most common spacing for pixel nodes on window/door outlines?  I have been using dumb ribbons on the windows for 9 years, and smart strips in the roofline.  I want to continue to use strips on the roof, but am changing to smart nodes for the windows and doors.  What is the typical spacing for nodes on a house?  Also, is there a reason bullets are more popular than square nodes?

Not sure which is the most common.  But I went with 2" for my perimeter pixels.    And I am using the square LOR type on perimeter and on my pixel tree and panels.

3 hours ago, Dcroc said:

What is the most common spacing for pixel nodes on window/door outlines? 

What is the typical spacing for nodes on a house? 

Depends a lot on the desired look and how far away the viewers are.  One of the huge advantages of pixels over strips - you can space then almost any spacing that you want.  I don't have lights around windows, so I can't tell you what I am doing.  I can tell you that my roof peak lights are about 10 inches apart and the eves are about 8 inches apart.  Both of those were originally G.E. Color Effects bulbs and were replaced a couple years ago and are now a little smaller than a C9.

3 hours ago, Dcroc said:

Also, is there a reason bullets are more popular than square nodes?

Kinda depends on how they will be used.  I have used both.  For things where space behind the prop is an issue (think something right up against the house), the square nodes are better.  However for closely packed pixels (for example a pixel star), there is simply not enough space between pixels for square nodes.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using 3 inch around my window frames and house outline. I use 2 inch for different matrix locations on 5 big pine trees. And I am using 1 inch spacing for a new 30in by 50in matrix I am adding to the display this year.