Light-O-Rama Forums

Sketch Motion Effect Discussion

stevehoyt

I just installed version 6.2.8. In particular, I was interested in the new sketch motion effect. My first impression is that it seemed a bit daunting. I see that, the SVG file import option of it, might give us a lot of new pictures. I am not sure however about creating my own sketches. It seems very powerful, but a bit complex with the groups, shapes etc.,  not to mention my drawing skills aren't very good using a mouse and the window. So far my tries look sloppy 

I started this thread to encourage a discussion on its usage and intended audience . Here a a couple starting questions.

1) it is targeted for an average user or meant for a very advanced one, or one that has a particular programming background. 

2) I assume LOR will add tutorial in the near future on it. I have seen the earlier 6.x.x tutorials on other new motion effects. Can anyone describe how they are using the sketch effect  now?

3) Any input on how best to use it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sketch is pretty darn cool but I feel like I've only scratched the surface of its possibilities.  One of those great LOR tutorial videos sure would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...