Light-O-Rama Forums

Preview picture unfold house to remove perspective.

ItsMeBobO

Working on 2023 preview.  First S6 Image.    There will be lights on the sides of the house which cant be seen in a single picture. 

Cant see the left side or the right/garage side in this picture. 

137DePerspectiveComparison.jpg

This is a composite of 10 pictures taken straight on and patched together.     Added a view of the left side, both sides of front door recess, and both sides of the garage, drive way straight on.   

This completely messed up the roofline so I took that out.   Took out the mail box and power lines.   Fudged in the sidewalk, grass, sky.  Added the field to right.   

This pic will allow me to draw the lights on all the sides. 

137preview2023w1800.jpg

I think you put more effort into it than I would have!  Looks good.

As one of my regular comments, there is really only one requirement to have the preview match reality - that is if you are doing whole house effect.  Otherwise, as long as you know what something is and can sequence it, it can be anywhere on the screen.  In fact, until recently my preview was not even close to reality.

There used to be a dev who said that, but with many more words.      I would agree that any light can be anywhere.    Over the years the animation, visualizer, preview have all allowed a picture you can draw on.  But then the image didnt show the entire stage... doh  Ill stick it here.    I always put a lot of effort into the drawing which I think resulted in better sequences.  

My perimeter lights are very detailed with exactly 18 pixels in one segment and 68 in another.   Simply got to know the position of each on the house and where the corners are.     Other props, not so crucial to me.