Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Light Rgb o Ac Lights

CarlosLG

Hi, I need help. I'm looking at Christmas lights for my LOR show with CBT16 controller and I don't know what to put. Standard AC lights with AC to DC transformer work well? all the lights here in spain come with that ac to dc transformer. What kind of lights could I connect to my cbt16?

Captura33.PNG.3dcb57a448bcf21313137f0e5a60bd6c.PNG

Those are limited to ON or OFF

Technically, those are not (Magnetic) Transformers, 

Those are AC to DC converters And they HATE being jerked around electrically. Turn them on and let them settle. Great for when you light something STEADY for the entire sequence. No follow the beat . Magic smoke will escape.

I cant read the label. What is the output DC voltage? 

Is there anything between that unit and the fist LED?  (If nothing, a CMB24 might be able to run the string INSTEAD of that converter)

🥴 I see 2 wire out of the converter, BUT 3 wires coiled up. That tells me there is a module along the way. Not good for what we do.

1 minute ago, Orville said:

I blew up the label: 5V output is what it shows.

TNX

This is similar to my Wire frame cat. There is a controller button box (Probably under the Tag). 

A No-Go, even for On-Off unless that one remembers the setting (mine defaults to blink)

51 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

TNX

This is similar to my Wire frame cat. There is a controller button box (Probably under the Tag). 

A No-Go, even for On-Off unless that one remembers the setting (mine defaults to blink)

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. 

I had one of those lighted black Halloween cats too.  I ended up removing the LED strings that came with mine, and replaced them with purple steady LED strings that plugs directly into an AC outlet so I could use it with my CTB16PC controller. 

Like yours every time power was turned off, it reverted back to flashing.  So I just rewired mine with steady burning Purple LED strings.  Problem solved. LOL

• Like 1

I regret not being able to buy lights on this website and use them in Europe with my cbt16. Here we use 240v, I would burn them.

www.christmaslightsetc.com and www.thechristmaslightemporium.com 

image.png.c2cfeb519abfa8b6cf2a2483f9f64979.png

Edited by CarlosLG

For simple AC  lights, you could series 2 (identical) strings   | is the prongs of a US plug

~ ----|  |---|  |----- ~

But I suspect Customs duties is the killer.

Do you already HAVE a CTB controller???  A dumb RGB (CMB24) would clearly be the way to go. I can use a 240 input PSU and the same 12V LEDS as we do. There are 8 ports that can be used as RGB or as I do with some, Individually with a simple 12V Lamp (automotive or white strip)

Oh!

Use a USA (120V) controller and a Input transformer (real Iron) https://www.amazon.com/KRIËGER-Voltage-Transformer-Converter-Approved/dp/B00HDUUL40/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2M063GXVXJDUM&keywords=240%2Bto%2B120%2Bstep%2Bdown%2Btransformer&qid=1689903024&sprefix=240%2Bto%2B120%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-9&th=1

But NOT a converter similar to: They chop (dim) the AC  which is OK for shavers and resistance cookers, but not good electronics

https://www.amazon.com/Meiyya-Voltage-Converter-Transformer-Standard/dp/B07XF5CS8Z/ref=sr_1_11?crid=2M063GXVXJDUM&keywords=240+to+120+step+down+transformer&qid=1689903222&sprefix=240+to+120%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-11