Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone know Drill Bit Size for flat square RGB nodes?

Orville

Does anyone know the actual drill bit sizes to drill out holes for HC RGB Flat Square Nodes?  I bought a couple of 4' Angels from Amazon, they are very thick, and I want to add the HC 100 flat RGB square nodes to these props.  I need to drill the hole for the square node bulb section and a slightly larger hole for the snap ring to fit into, so these lay as flat as possible along the back side of these Angels, they are about 1/2-inch thick.  Any advice on what the 2 drill bit sizes I need for this project would be greatly appreciated!  Also bought a LOR Pixie4 to control the RGB nodes on these two Angels and a couple other props I'm working on for my 2023 Christmas Display.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me on this.

Edited by Orville
had to change ouple to couple. "c" didn't take when typed.

I will check in a bit, but the 'nose' looks like a HC bullet  (5mm 12mm back hole)

13 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I will check in a bit, but the 'nose' looks like a HC bullet  (Xmm 12mm back hole)  <<error

12mm to bottom onto the flat. 8mm nose and mine have the barbs to snap into thin material

20 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

12mm to bottom onto the flat. 8mm nose and mine have the barbs to snap into thin material

So 8mm all the way through the matetial, then 12mm just enough to get the node to lay flat against the back 

These angels are not made of  coro, but hard plastic.

Just wanting to make sure I am understanding your reply.

So I need an 8mm and a 12mm drill bit to add the RGB nodes to these angels, correct?

23 minutes ago, Orville said:

So 8mm all the way through the matetial, then 12mm just enough to get the node to lay flat against the back 

These angels are not made of  coro, but hard plastic.

Just wanting to make sure I am understanding your reply.

So I need an 8mm and a 12mm drill bit to add the RGB nodes to these angels, correct?

Yep!  But why make it so hard? just drill 12mm. The plastic nose will diffuse  the light.

Hard plastic is a B**ch to drill without shattering the edges.   Use a reamer with multiple flutes to make it easier

https://www.amazon.com/Yosooo-Drilling-T-Shaped-Tapered-Hand-Held/dp/B07TZ3212G/ref=sr_1_19_sspa?crid=30Z88QN0T9N0R&keywords=tapered+reamer&qid=1689695957&sprefix=tapper+reamer%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-19-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

Thanks for the link to that drill bit.  I've never used one like that before, so this will be a "new" experience for me.

Ordered 2 of them from your link, but Amazon shows a delivery between July 19-24.  Hope they come long before that July 24 date! 

I want to start getting these holes drilled in these angels, so I can test out how they're going to look, and get them sequenced properly.

Thank you for all the help, links and information TheDucks. 😇

Edited by Orville
Correct a couple of typo's.