Light-O-Rama Forums

Super Star Won't Start

MattJ

Hi Folks

I have a problem with 6.2.2 where Superstar will not start.

I create a new sequence with a motion effect row.

I Select Super star as the effect type and drag across the time grid...... nothing happens Sequencer freezes.

Behind the scenes I can see that SSEdit.exe is fired up as a task but no splash screen, no app. 

I can kill SSEdit.exe using task manager and Sequencer comes to life with the "No Data Received from Super Star" dialogue box. 

I'm unable to start SS from a new effect, editing an existing effect, or natively from the Windows start menu (or double clicking the exe file). 

I have tried restarting the laptop and running an install/repair of 6.2.6. 

Next step is to remove the software and reinstall. I figure I would post here before doing that.

Any ideas appreciated!

Version 6.2.6

Feature Level: Pro
SuperStar Feature Level: 320_CCR

Cheers

MattJ

Meh

OK I fixed this. It was nothing to do with LOR really. Posting the solution here in case anyone else has this or similar problems.

My one drive settings had changed on my Documents > Light-O-Rama folder and as I had not used superstar for a couple of months, the fonts files had been removed from the local device and left in the cloud. 

SuperStar was unable to load these files and, I guess was sitting in an endless loop waiting for them to become available but didn't have the right permissions (??) to get OneDrive to download them.

Immediate fix was to run Super Star as administrator and it immediately pulled down the files it needed, then opened.

Better fix - set my Documents > Light-O-Rama folder to "Always Keep on this device". 

Sorry for the false alarm - nothing to see here - move along!

• 3 weeks later...

"Always Keep on this device"  Thanks Matt!  

I started using OneDrive a couple years ago to make it easier to work on sequences between two PC's and obviously as a solid place to back up my files.

I'm pretty sure "Always Keep on this device"  was checked when I first began using it. Have had a bunch of freeze issues, the last few weeks, while cleaning up sequences and planning some new songs. Sequencer even closed abruptly when clicking into an older Superstar section. My first thought was something related to version 6.2 and tried reverting back a step. Like you, I was convinced there was an LOR problem when in fact just a file management issue. 

• Like 1