Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I fix this..

bdwillie

PLEASE IGNORE, GOING TO START A NEW THREAD WITH MORE UPDATES

Please tell me I can fix this without having to undo these stupid pixels and rerouting them.  I made a wireframe sub for the song yellow submarine.  I have i broken into 2 sections, the main sub and the propeller.  The pixels are around the wireframe with the exception of the propeller area.  I jumped over to the propeller from the backside of the sub.  I have counted and recounted to make sure the light numbers are correct.  The string jumps over to the propeller at pixel 52.  So pixels 1 through 51 are part of the sub, pixels 52 through 60 are the propeller, and 61 through 76 finishes up the sub wireframe.

I made two custom props with the correct numbers, one labeled submarine and one labeled propeller.  These were edited from the complete prop which worked just fine with no error messages

If I run anything on the submarine itself it works perfect, I can run a chase and it circles the entire sub like it should.  I cannot get the propeller to light at all.

If I combine the two into one prop I get the propeller to function with the rest of the sub and I get no errors  I need the propeller to be separated so it can run a simple chase to mimic a prop moving 

I have a link to a web blog I made just so I could get these screen shots on.  I know nothing of pixels so what do I have to do to fix this?

https://bdwillie2.wixsite.com/mysite/photos

Edited by bdwillie
STARTING NEW THREAD

51 minutes ago, bdwillie said:

Please tell me I can fix this without having to undo these stupid pixels and rerouting them.  I made a wireframe sub for the song yellow submarine.  I have i broken into 2 sections, the main sub and the propeller.  The pixels are around the wireframe with the exception of the propeller area.  I jumped over to the propeller from the backside of the sub.  I have counted and recounted to make sure the light numbers are correct.  The string jumps over to the propeller at pixel 52.  So pixels 1 through 51 are part of the sub, pixels 52 through 60 are the propeller, and 61 through 76 finishes up the sub wireframe.

I made two custom props with the correct numbers, one labeled submarine and one labeled propeller.  These were edited from the complete prop which worked just fine with no error messages

If I run anything on the submarine itself it works perfect, I can run a chase and it circles the entire sub like it should.  I cannot get the propeller to light at all.

If I combine the two into one prop I get the propeller to function with the rest of the sub and I get no errors  I need the propeller to be separated so it can run a simple chase to mimic a prop moving 

I have a link to a web blog I made just so I could get these screen shots on.  I know nothing of pixels so what do I have to do to fix this?

https://bdwillie2.wixsite.com/mysite/photos

Have you tried adding a custom motion effect row in the sequencer for just the propeller pixels? I would think that would work.

10 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

Have you tried adding a custom motion effect row in the sequencer for just the propeller pixels? I would think that would work.

Yuppers I did!  didn't work, no lights at all.  I am beginning to think that possibly you can't have one prop in the middle of another prop, which this is.  I don't want to rewire, tear apart but looks like I am going to have to!

The Sub and Propeller are 1 Prop - then the prop is broken down into Motion Effect rows... One Row for the Sub and another for the propeller..