Light-O-Rama Forums

Why Does Comm Listener Keep Coming Back On After Closing Out Software?

Yodlei

Both Comm Listener & Status Log Box (red bulb) won't go away after closing either the Control Panel or Sequencer. Only way it stays off is to shut down my computer until I start LOR again & then same happens again. Even comes back after ending the program in Windows Task Manager (Win7). Petty but annoying.

The comm listener runs whenever the control panel is running. Closing the control panel by right clicking on its red bulb in the system tray to the right side if the taskbar SHOULD close both of them. If you manually close the com listener it will, by design, immediately restart.

If that is not the case, then something may be broken. Try an uninstall and a reinstall. It should not affect your data but as always back up your data, just in case.

Are you sure you are seeing the light bulb in the system tray and not as an application in the task bar. Look in your system tray and see if you have any hidden icons. The red bulb in the tray has lots of right click options.

Both the listener and the control panel behave very differently in S6.

LOR Showtime is a bunch of programs that need to talk to each other.

Really simple explanation.

Comm Listener runs the Output. It listens for Input from different modules Like HU, SE, Scheduler (and might act as a traffic cop if a conflict). The Log is where modules send messages, since there might not be a screen open that is associated)

S4 red bulb has UNLOAD.. that kills all LOR background tasks. (My S6 PC is not activated, and does not show the Red Bulb)

I am Licensed for S6pro, I just stick with S4

23 hours ago, TheDucks said:

LOR Showtime is a bunch of programs that need to talk to each other.

Really simple explanation.

Comm Listener runs the Output. It listens for Input from different modules Like HU, SE, Scheduler (and might act as a traffic cop if a conflict). The Log is where modules send messages, since there might not be a screen open that is associated)

S4 red bulb has UNLOAD.. that kills all LOR background tasks. (My S6 PC is not activated, and does not show the Red Bulb)

I am Licensed for S6pro, I just stick with S4

Thanks,all, for the replies but TheDucks was the winner!! ha ha UNLOAD did the trick. Did see that but thought maybe it would remove my software or something.