Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 Issue with Animated .gif files in my Matrix.

Box on Rails

Ok so I added a few new props to my displays for 2023 and I am in the process of making the changes. The main change is transferring all of my 2022 sequences from S5 to S6 and including an entirely new preview. in short I am creating all new sequences with a lot of coping from the S5 sequence to the new S6. One problem I have found is the speed of the animated .gif files are slower in S6. I use a lot of gifs with dancing charicters and they were moving in time with the media music in S5. the same gifs are moving muck slower and are now way out of time with the music in the new S6 sequences. I was wonder if there is a Global setting in the LOR software to fix this issue? Thanks in advance

Kenny

If you open one of the problem GIFs in a web browser or Windows Photo Viewer, does it play at the speed shown in S5 or S6 (or at least which one is closer)?

In a reply, can you link to one or more of the GIFs? Or PM me with a link? If you would rather attach them to a help desk ticket, that would be fine also.

Matt

20 hours ago, MattBrown said:

If you open one of the problem GIFs in a web browser or Windows Photo Viewer, does it play at the speed shown in S5 or S6 (or at least which one is closer)?

In a reply, can you link to one or more of the GIFs? Or PM me with a link? If you would rather attach them to a help desk ticket, that would be fine also.

Matt

Matt

I have opened a ticket (#8236545) that I attached 2 Gif files and the sequence that they are imbedded in. The Gifs play at the same speed in S5 as they do in Widows media player and Windows Photo viewer. It's like S6 play them back at Half speed. 

Kenny

On 6/28/2023 at 7:58 AM, Box on Rails said:

I have opened a ticket (#8236545) that I attached 2 Gif files and the sequence that they are imbedded in. The Gifs play at the same speed in S5 as they do in Widows media player and Windows Photo viewer. It's like S6 play them back at Half speed. 

Thanks for the feedback! The issue with slow GIF playback in 6.2.x versions will be fixed in the next release.

7 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Thanks for the feedback! The issue with slow GIF playback in 6.2.x versions will be fixed in the next release.

That's awesome. Thanks Matt.

• 4 months later...

I am having the opposite issue with a couple animated GIFs from Giphy playing too fast

???

Let me know what would help to diagnose

Brian

3 hours ago, Golfer said:

I am having the opposite issue with a couple animated GIFs from Giphy playing too fast

???

Let me know what would help to diagnose

Brian

What version are you running? Your profile says 5.6.6.

1 minute ago, Golfer said:

I recently updated to 6.2.16.  They ran at expected speed in S5 last year

Create a ticket with the help desk and attach one of the problem GIF files. Include a link to this topic and mention my name. Thanks!

https://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

9 hours ago, Golfer said:

Tickets started ..>Thanks

Thanks for reporting the issue! It will be fixed in the next release.