Light-O-Rama Forums

[Admin Edit - It's a real email] DANGER! DANGER! Phishing E-Mail received - not really from LOR

k6ccc

FYI all, I just received an E-Mail that is supposed to have come from LOR, that advised that my SuperStar license was being upgraded for free - entertaining since I already have the highest level of SuperStar license.  The message failed a bunch of my spam / phishing attempt filters.  Although the message looked fairly legit, it was pretty obviously not if you know what to look for - I do.

So, if you receive a similar E-Mail, DO NOT CLICK any links in the message.  They DO NOT take you to LOR.

Be forewarned...

Hello Jim, this email is real and sent from us. All Superstar users had their license level upgraded today for free. If you already have the highest level and would like more information, please contact our help desk. If there is a link in the email that does not take you to a page on the LOR website, please contact our help desk.

• The title was changed to [Admin Edit - It's a real email] DANGER! DANGER! Phishing E-Mail received - not really from LOR
  • The topic was locked