Light-O-Rama Forums

Outdoor speakers for LOR

AllAmericanJock

I'm considering buy Sonance Mag 6.1 landscape speakers. Has anyone else used this system for LOR. 

Thank you 

Are you going to use them for other purposes (when not using for shows)?  $$$

I don't trust wireless to not insert DELAYS.

Do you have a sheltered location as an alternate location for speakers? For an simple AMP (or receiver if also using FM)?

And what about Neighbors (That is a full range rig)?

Yes will use for other reasons, the speakers are wired with a amp. Neighbors are not a issue. 

Just now, AllAmericanJock said:

Yes will use for other reasons, the speakers are wired with a amp. Neighbors are not a issue. 

Great. That was just my 2cents on possible issues.

I really appreciate your input, I like this system because it has a inground subwoofer for great bass. 

That's some serious change $$$.

Are you running a show where people will be out of their car?  Even here in southern California, almost no one gets out of their car to watch the show, so the yard speakers are not commonly listened to - except by me, and my opening night.  The FM is the primary sound for the show.  I do have four speakers permanently installed in the yard with each driven by a 75 watt amp.  I set the speaker volume such that the speakers are barely audible across the street - which makes them somewhat quiet on the sidewalk in front of my house.  I do turn them a bit louder for the opening night show because I have about 50 people on the sidewalk and in my driveway.

I live at a dead end street, but has a major walkway next to the house. Almost all are out of there cars, Portland is big on jogging and walking even in December. Alot do the walkway in December just to see my display.