Light-O-Rama Forums

Sound much lower when played in sequencer

bdwillie

I don't ever recall this before but have recently started using headphones again (corded, no bluetooth) to keep from driving my wife mad.  It seems that a song is playing in sequencer has a much noticeable lower volume compared to using music player to play the same music file in the same folder.  I always run the songs through audacity to save as constant bit rate.  At first I thought it might be the single song file that I was playing around with, but I have found that it is any song file in the audio library. Play any file with windows media player, much louder than in sequencer..

I did go into the audio mixer of the sound card for the computer to make sure the LOR mixer is at 100 % and it is. 

Also went into control panel in the play shows area to make sure the volume was 100% there too, but didn't know if that effected sequencer.

As a test, I ran a show on demand utilizing a completely different audio file.  Show on demand audio is just as loud as just playing the music file with media player or Audacity, so loaded same file in sequencer, and again it was much reduced in volume.

What do I need to do to fix this.  I need a higher volume in sequencer with the headphones to get the drum timings correct

audio.PNG

Check the volume control at the top of the Preview window.

Too many controls syndrome.............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Check the volume control at the top of the Preview window.

Too many controls syndrome.............

Well CRAP!  That was it.  Didn't even realize that was there on the preview window.  Thanks Phil, I figured it was something I was missing!

While we're on the subject of the Preview window volume level slider. It appears that every time the Sequencer is started, the level reverts to about 25%.How about making it a remembered setting or making it 100 %, or perhaps eliminating it.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 6:51 PM, PhilMassey said:

While we're on the subject of the Preview window volume level slider. It appears that every time the Sequencer is started, the level reverts to about 25%.How about making it a remembered setting or making it 100 %, or perhaps eliminating it.

Just discovered that today also, that would explain how mine got turned down to begin with.   I'm a +1 to just eliminate it and keep the volume at 100%.  The volume control on the computer itself is just fine!

Also keep in mind that if you have issues with different song files having different volume levels it could be due to the Gain in each file. You can use a program like MP3 Gain to even out the gain and give all the files a more even volume.