Light-O-Rama Forums

help with creating a 20x40 matix i have made

Melanie Boileau

In the sequencer I try to create a preview, when I select the backdrop and the photo of my house it comes in upside down. It does not allow me to select and rotate the image. How do I create the matrix to have an image and or text. The controller is set to 90 but it selects all 8 channels to 90.  We recently did an addition to our house so we cannot use the old photo. 

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Second is regarding your background photo, take your favorite picture editor (Paint will work fine), and rotate the image 180 degrees, then save the file.  The problem is that the image file is upside down.  LOR just displays what's there....

Next is a terminology point.  Your pixel controller has outputs or ports - each of which has many channels.  Referring to the outputs as "channels" will only cause confusion.  What controller do you have (I'm going to guess a Pixie of one sort or another)?  and what do you mean by "90"?

As for how to set up your matrix, open your preview in the Preview Editor and add a new prop using one of the built in shapes (first option).  Then for shape select Matrix - Horizontal rectangle or Matrix - Vertical rectangle (depending on how it will be built).  Set the appropriate sizes, and the channel assignments.  Save it.

Reading your original post, it sounds like you are mixing up several concepts.  I believe you are trying to add a background image to your preview.  And then you are talking about images on your matrix.  Those two have no relationship to each other.

Let's make sure we're on the same page.  You have a photo of your house that you want to use as the background image for the Preview.  If you open the photo from Windows, confirm that the image looks correct.  If not, open the image in paint, and correct the image file.  Then save it.

Once the image file looks correct when opened from Windows, now open the Preview Editor within LOR Sequencer.  Near the lower right corner where it says "Bulb", "Scale", and "Background" - select Background.  Then select "Clear Image".  Next, select "Set Image".  That will bring up a standard Windows file selection window.  Navigate to the image file you want to use.  Either double click on the file, or single click on the file and then select "Open".  That will add the background image.  Note, there is a brightness slider above the preview that will set how bright that image is.  If that slider is all the way to the left, you won't see the image at all.  Verify that the image shows correctly in the Preview Editor.  Back down on the background tab, check the box for "Save image with Preview".  Lastly in the upper left corner, select "Save" to save the Preview.

Now within the sequence you are trying to work on, make sure that the file is using the preview that you edited (in case you have more than one).

Let's make sure that part works and then worry about sequencing the matrix.