Light-O-Rama Forums

Background sequence startup bug ?

Tim Benson

Ok,
I upgraded to LOR2 last January. have all the upgrades loaded.

When the show starts, the background sequence doesn't start until
60 seconds into the show, it should start right away.

Background sequence is 60 seconds long, with a single event
that turns on 7 static channels. None of those channels are defined in any musical sequence. Once it turns on, it works correctly. It did this at Halloween too.

Was there a bug on this ?

The only work-around I can think of is to add a 60 second startup sequence
that doesn't do anything.

Anybody else see this problem ?

Tim

Tim Benson wrote:

Background sequence is 60 seconds long, with a single event

Sounds as if LOR isn't picking up the "on" command when the sequence starts. Since you only have one event, the controller doesn't get another "on" command until the next sequence.

I'd try going back to that sequence and add some timing marks at the beginning of the sequence. That might be a work around for the issue.

Well, after two days...... It started working correctly ! Have No Idea why, didn't change a thing, and No there is no X10.

Last night the show started, but only random channels would come on and off (across all 14 controllers) disabled and re-enabled shows all works fine.

I am now thinking my show laptop may be needing some upgrading. it's only a 600Mhz cpu with 128Meg of ram.. probably need to upgrade next year.

For now, I'll just reboot it every other day. If it becomes a problem, I'll switch over
to the sequencing system, which has dual 3 Ghz cpu's and 2 gig ram

Tim

I think I have an Idea of what is causing the start up problem.
I have a channel on a controller that has 2 Inflatables on it.
Last year there was only 1 on there. I'm thinking when the fan motors
both spin up, it is causing some strange phasing issues on that channel and
introducing noise on the controller when the fans initially start . Need to verify this by isolating the fans with a relay.

I noticed tonight when the background sequence started that 2 other channels on
that controller came on for exactly 1 min, then they shut off. Those 2 channels are not defined anywhere in the background sequence.

I'll post an update when i get a relay in there, right now it's to cold to go mess with it.

Tim