Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 with Superstar

Terpsmurf

I just made the jump to S6. But I think I am missing something.

Where or how do I access SuperStar? I do a lot of sequencing in solely in SuperStar for a 24x50 matrix. Even from Sequencer my SuperStar is grayed out, although I have the 60 CCR Pr License. Any help is appreciated.

Your profile says you were using S5, so same way you do in S5 - select the prop or prop group in sequencer for the time segment (including the entire song if desired), then either [Shift-S] or Right mouse click and select "Insert SuperStar Effects".  As far as sequencing is concerned, S5 and S6 are almost identical.  If you are actually moving from S4, the jump to S5 (and also S6) is quite substantial.

Where are you seeing SuperStar grayed out?

I haven't updated the profile. I actually have 3 computers: S4, S5, and S6. I like creating faces in S4 and have been doing matrix work in S5. I upgraded to S6, but I haven't been able to access SuperStar as a stand alone like you could in S5. I did figure out how to get to it is S6 through Sequencer with a motion row, but how do you just sequencer in SuperStar without going through Sequencer? 

5 minutes ago, Terpsmurf said:

I haven't updated the profile. I actually have 3 computers: S4, S5, and S6. I like creating faces in S4 and have been doing matrix work in S5. I upgraded to S6, but I haven't been able to access SuperStar as a stand alone like you could in S5. I did figure out how to get to it is S6 through Sequencer with a motion row, but how do you just sequencer in SuperStar without going through Sequencer? 

Just go to programs on your computer and in the LOR folder open superstar. You should be able to sequence from Superstar at that point

ebrown, you'e a genius! Thank you!!!

Why is this not part of the interface to select SS as part of the control panel, just as Sequencer is an option!

1 hour ago, Terpsmurf said:

ebrown, you'e a genius! Thank you!!!

Why is this not part of the interface to select SS as part of the control panel, just as Sequencer is an option!

Because SS in S5/S6 wasn't designed to be opened except from within the Sequencer. Obviously you *can* do so, but that's not how it was intended. Highlight an area of cells in the Sequencer then "Insert SS Effect."