Light-O-Rama Forums

trouble with CMB24D

bobco

using the hardware utility, I can see the controller, turn RGB lights on/off, everything looks good.

using the sequencer, I create a preview (RGB), create  a sequence, configure 1 port, simple on/off, change color. When I play the sequence, it displays in the playback window but it will not turn on the RGB strip.  No indications of conflicts. Control lights on. I have tried everything i know how to do, its not being nice to me. I know its something I am overlooking, anyone have a clue?fw-3.loredit

CMB24 is closer to the AC controllers in operation. It may not be able to do Enhanced (depends on Firmware) and it can't do 1000 speed.

Note HU runs the Network at slow speed regardless of what the Normal network setting is

What Firmware.?

Is anything else on the same network cable?

1 LOR ID per board. Be sure the sequence uses the same NETWORK and ID as you did with HU.

Each RGB port is 3 channels

Since it worked in HU, your Preview has to be the issue (sorry, I use 4.16 even tho I have 6.x pro)

I loaded your sequence and here is what I see. Change all the unit IDs to 01 and then number the circuits as 1 to 3 first channels. 4 to 6 second channel 7 to 9 third channel and so on until channel 8 would be circuits 22 to 24. Then make sure the CMB 24 is assigned as Unit ID 01. 

Edited by Box on Rails

8 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

I loaded your sequence and here is what I see. Change all the unit IDs to 01 and then number the circuits as 1 to 3 first channels. 4 to 6 second channel 7 to 9 third channel and so on until channel 8 would be circuits 22 to 24. Then make sure the CMB 24 is assigned as Unit ID 01. 

PORTS 😛 Channels 1-3 Port 1, channels 4-6 Port 2

You got Snow where you are??

35 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

You got Snow where you are??

Nothing is sticking but yes a little bit. I'm at 1200 ft above sea level and it starts sticking here at 1500 feet. I have a friend up that way, she is at 50 feet above sea level and she got some snow. Did you some snow up there?

37 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

PORTS 😛 Channels 1-3 Port 1, channels 4-6 Port 2

I know, ports vs channels vs circuits. I just want to be as clear as possible here so bobco understands what he did.  On a CMB24, the whole device uses one port (Unit ID). The CMB 24 uses one port Unit ID #01 for 8 RGB (dumb) channels. 3 circuits per channel for a total of 24 circuits. He had the first channel showing as unit 01 with Circuits 1 Red, 2 Green, 3 Blue then channel 2 showed unit ID 02 circuits 1 red 2 green and 3 blue and the all channels succeeding channels were assigned to unit ID up to #08. this is his problem because the CMB24 only uses one unit ID. 8 channels and 24 circuits. It's a simple fix. 

2 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

Nothing is sticking but yes a little bit. I'm at 1200 ft above sea level and it starts sticking here at 1500 feet. I have a friend up that way, she is at 50 feet above sea level and she got some snow. Did you some snow up there?

I know, ports vs channels vs circuits. I just want to be as clear as possible here so bobco understands what he did.  On a CMB24, the whole device uses one port (Unit ID). The CMB 24 uses one port Unit ID #01 for 8 RGB (dumb) channels. 3 circuits per channel for a total of 24 circuits. He had the first channel showing as unit 01 with Circuits 1 Red, 2 Green, 3 Blue then channel 2 showed unit ID 02 circuits 1 red 2 green and 3 blue and the all channels succeeding channels were assigned to unit ID up to #08. this is his problem because the CMB24 only uses one unit ID. 8 channels and 24 circuits. It's a simple fix. 

Not at my place (380'). The Family off grid retreat (off 166) forest service access washed out. ATV access only now.  took us most of the day, last week, just to dig the silt and brush from the gate with a small tractor. The previous week there was ice on the what was a creek.  Easy snow now at the water tank fer shur today (looking at blue on Wundermap) as I can't make it even close now with my Leaf.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

Actually it's 24 channels and 8 ports as each R, G, B is a channel and each RGB group is a port.

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked