Light-O-Rama Forums

Flicker in Animation Sequence Loop

Specter

Hey guys-
I have an animation sequence where, the first 3 channels are solid on the entire time. The next 32 channels are for my mini arches. I select a range (from start of the arch to the end of the arches) and then loop it. I get a strange flicker across ALL channels right at the beginning of the loop. It's not soo much of a flicker, it's more like the entire thing shuts off at the end of the selected range sequence, then turns back on at the beginning of the sequence range. What's going on here?

When you say you "loop it", do you mean you turn on "Play Selection" and "Loop at End" (both in the "Play" menu) or do you mean that you actually insert a loop into the sequence?

I set up a temporary "picture taking" sequence last year after-hours so I could get some good pics of the display... I saw the exact same thing. Once a minute, I'd get a brief "strobe" of the entire display.

It was set as a one-minute sequence with "loop at end".

If I had been using this for a real show, I'd have cranked up the time to an hour or so just to minimize the blinks, but it would be nice if this could be fixed. But I'd rather have my X-10 issue in the other thread fixed first ;)

-Tim

Specter wrote:

When I turned this into an actual SHOW, it no longer did the flicker on the loop. So it's ok for me...

Hmmm, now that you mention it, I wonder if I just set this up in the sequence editor (and not a show), since I was just using it to take pics with and nothing else...

This is good to know...

-Tim