Light-O-Rama Forums

Song will not play on show editor

jfelix

I got all of my songs put in, everything is working great. I put in my voice over and nothing. It works in the sequence editor but not in the show. I have tried everything I can think of and notta. Any suggestions?

I got all of my songs put in, everything is working great. I put in my voice over and nothing.

Do you mean "nothing" as in "the whole show no longer plays at all", or "nothing" as in "the show plays exactly as it did before I added in that sequence"?

bob wrote:

I got all of my songs put in, everything is working great. I put in my voice over and nothing.

Do you mean "nothing" as in "the whole show no longer plays at all", or "nothing" as in "the show plays exactly as it did before I added in that sequence"?

The show plays except that one sequence.

Here are my two best guesses:

(1) I know you've said you checked this, but it can't hurt to double check: Make sure that there are no channels in that sequence that are set to "Light-O-Rama" device types but not set to any particular unit ID.

If you find any, either give them unit IDs, or else set them to device type "none".

(2) It's possible that you added that sequence to a show that is not the one that is scheduled.

For example, the Schedule Editor's "main" view just shows the filenames of scheduled shows, not the directories that they're in. So if you have two different shows with the same filename in different directories, possibly without realizing that you do, you might have added the sequence to one of them, and scheduled the other.

You can check by clicking on the scheduled show (in the Schedule Editor), clicking "Edit", and looking at the full directory-and-filename listed there.

If neither of these seems to be the issue, please let me know.

I will triple check the channel config. But I use the same channel config for all the songs and 5 work fine. As for the show, I only have 1 show. I deleted last years and the 06 show too. But I will recheck.

Any other thoguhts?

I appreciate it. Like I said Rudolph works in the sequence editor. But int he show it plays for 15 seconds. I will send those to you tonight.

I fixed WIW for now. It is only recognizing one version o fth esong. I have multiple copies in my home network. I beleive the show PC was having problems locating the media file.

The media file is in the correct place, but will not work. When I use the copy from a networked computer it works fine. Which is what I did last night. I am going to copy that verion into the LOR audio folder and see what happens.

Still no luck with Rudolph, trying one more thing tonight before I send Bon the copy of the sequence and media file.

If you move the location of a media file, make sure that you do an "Edit/Media File" in any sequences that use it, so that the sequence knows where the file is.

Also, I'm not sure if you're doing this, but if you're copying files between computers, you may have to do an "Edit/Media File" on the computer that you copy to, too (depending on how you have your systems set up, and where you're copying from/to).

I remember a post from last year about trying to use media over a network. I think your best solution is to have a copy of the media on your show computer.

bob wrote:

If you move the location of a media file, make sure that you do an "Edit/Media File" in any sequences that use it, so that the sequence knows where the file is.

Also, I'm not sure if you're doing this, but if you're copying files between computers, you may have to do an "Edit/Media File" on the computer that you copy to, too (depending on how you have your systems set up, and where you're copying from/to).

I am doing the edit/media file in the sequence.

What do you mean by an edit/media file when I copy across the network. I usually do a click and drag from the network into the LOR folder or a copy/paste.

Your doing it correctly. I recalled that someone was keeping the audio stored on the network and having the show computer go through the network to get it. But since your songs are on you show computer and you have made the associations, your fine.

What do you mean by an edit/media file when I copy across the network. I usually do a click and drag from the network into the LOR folder or a copy/paste.

I mean that if you copy a sequence and its media file from computer A to computer B, you might have to do Edit/Media File not just in computer A, but also in computer B.