Light-O-Rama Forums

Modifying a Master Prop; can't adjust the shape, only can change the size of the entire group

TallDude

Hey folks!
So I have 2 props, one that has "same channel as" the other. I can adjust the strings of the second prop by clicking and dragging, but the Master prop it selects everything and I can only scale and shift all the items. Is there a way to modify the Master prop? I wanted to add another string top the count and place it appropriately, and I can add the strings, but can't place them.

1 hour ago, Jimehc said:

remove "use same channel as" (you will get channel conflict)- make preview edits - reset "use same channel as"

Well, guess that is a way to cheat it!

Here's my solution to that.  On my singing faces for example, the "02 Eyes open" is a master prop and has four sub props: Upper eyelid left, Upper eyelid right, Eyeball left, & Eyeball right.  The four sub props are set up with shapes of arches for the eyelids and bulbs for the eyeballs, and are set to use the same channels as "02 Eyes open".  So far, as you would expect.  The key is that the Master Prop has a shape of "Hidden".  That makes it not appear at all, and all four actual elements are the sub props.  Each can be moved, scaled, etc just fine.  Or you can select the master prop and move or scale all of them together.

BTW, the 02 is because it is channel 02.  That is really only important if importing sequences from someone else.