Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to assign different preview under version 6.1.8

Brad Stucky
Go to solution Solved by MattBrown,

It appears that I can no longer assign a different preview to a sequence after switching to version 6.1.8.   It's not a issue for me at present but just looking to see if others have noticed this.

What happens if you try?  Is the option not available on the Sequence menu?

Sorry, I can't test this.  The only computer that currently has S6 is my file server - which can't run sequencer (video limitation).

Edited by k6ccc

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

What happens if you try?  Is the option not available on the Sequence menu?

Sorry, I can't test this.  The only computer that currently has S6 is my file server - which can't run sequencer (video limitation).

The option is available, it's just that the sequencer crashes and exits with an unexpected error message that allows sending report to LOR.  This has happened every time I try and with more than one sequence.  I selected yes to send the message.

Have you tried it with several different previews including the default LOR preview? Wonder if it's something in that particular preview

It crashes before it even allows a selection of preview.  I've also rebooted and re-installed as well.

Edited by Brad Stucky
additional content

What about a seq without that preview (a different one) and the does it still crash? Just trying to remove the possibilities of an issue with the current preview 

4 minutes ago, dgander said:

What about a seq without that preview (a different one) and the does it still crash? Just trying to remove the possibilities of an issue with the current preview 

I tried several different sequences.  It's not a big deal at the moment since this is a new  preliminary preview for 2023 season, but then it doesn't even get that far to allow that selection.  I'm just trying to load some of the old 2022 songs.  Also tried some sequences for a different site and no go.

Edited by Brad Stucky

5 minutes ago, dgander said:

It just appeared in the Dec 22 release? The prior sub release was fine?

Correct, I had no problem with 6.1.6

Going by the other thread, looks like they pushed out 6.1.8 a little before they wanted to in order to fix the media player issue so maybe it's just going to be a bug that gets addressed in the next one. Hopefully Matt sees this and can investigate.

3 minutes ago, dgander said:

Going by the other thread, looks like they pushed out 6.1.8 a little before they wanted to in order to fix the media player issue so maybe it's just going to be a bug that gets addressed in the next one. Hopefully Matt sees this and can investigate.

Yeah, I reckon everyone has there sequences nailed down for the season so no-one really had reason to assign a different preview.

well i have 6.1.8  installed on a spare laptop to test it I have not used for a show but i have my preview that runs my show on it  and also a test preview  i switch back and forth between previews with no problems.

Hmmm.   I have not tried assigning a different preview with my show computer, just my editing computer.  They are different brands, but both running version 6.1.8.  The editing computer is a gen 3-i7 on a Gigabyte motherboard with 2 Nvidea video cards.  The show computer is a Dell 7010 Optiplex with a 4th gen i5 using the stock onboard video.  The show is running now so I will check after that.  Thanks for the suggestion.  To clarify my situation,  I am able to load, edit, play any of my sequences that have various previews assigned to them.  The problem only occurs when I try and assign/change the preview on a loaded sequence, but this did change with the upgrade to 6.1.8.

Edited by Brad Stucky
to clarify

Confirmed - error when re-assigning preview...

2022-12-26T07:06:09.1853833-05:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.SequenceTab_Control]    [0]    BackgroundCalc() completed 64 tasks in 00:00:24.3336247
2022-12-26T07:06:21.1980629-05:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.Form1]    [0]    Form1.StopPlayback: False
2022-12-26T07:06:21.1980757-05:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.Form1]    [0]    SetCurrentEffect: null
2022-12-26T07:06:21.1985452-05:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.SequenceTab_Control]    [0]    SequenceTab_Control.StopLocalPlayback()
2022-12-26T07:06:21.1985630-05:00    INFO    [LightORama.Sequencer.SequenceTab_Control]    [0]    SetPlayState current state=Stopped, new state=Stopped, toggle pause=False
2022-12-26T07:06:21.3350218-05:00    FAIL    [UnhandledException]    [0]    Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Complex DataBinding accepts as a data source either an IList or an IListSource. (Parameter 'value')
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.set_DataSource(Object value)
   at LightORama.Sequencer.FormSelectPreview.YQCNP8khc2(Object  , EventArgs  )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Image047.jpg