Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Custom Props

jjd3370

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction with a Pixie 16 controller Ws2811 50 pixel strings and custom RGB Props.  I'm probably not approaching this the right way.  I am very new at this and having trouble creating a custom prop for a singing xmas tree I built.  For the mouth props I assigned the following:

1.       Wide open Mouth: Channel 1 using 1-36 pixels.

2.       Single line Smiley: Channel 1 using 37-50 pixels and channel 2 using 1-3 pixels.

3.       “Oh” mouth: Channel 2 using 5 to 19 pixels.

First 2 mouth props work fine. But when I tried to create the “Oh” mouth the channel assignment wants to include Unit ID 01 and gives me an error when I try to save.  Wondering how I create a custom prop using lights from channel 2.  When creating the custom prop in the grid I'm assigning 1004 to 1019 (for channel 2)as is says in the documentation.  I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.

tree1.pdf

image.png.6bcde204a1f36973c969327e2defd67f.pngimage.jpeg.000715795a3a4f6b18dc7afdce164fe7.jpeg

Edited by jjd3370

Your prop appears to use four strings of 50 Pixels - a Pixie Controller will support up to 170 Pixels max per port -

since you can not address the whole prop using one Pixie Port - I would wire the Prop so as to use two ports of 100 Pixels..

then using Motion Effect Rows - you can create "Custom" effect rows - by selecting just the Pixels you want to activate within the prop for that row...

Edited by Jimehc
  • Like 1