Light-O-Rama Forums

All I want for Chistmas is no longer Mariah Carey

k6ccc

Mariah has been displaced as the most requested song this year.

I have run MIIP for quite a few years which for those not familiar with BobO's great add on, allows your viewers to request that songs in your playlist be played either sooner or later.  One of the features of the MIIP client is that it gives the show owner statistics on among other things, the number of times that each sequence has played and how many votes that song has received.  This year I added the song voting stats to my show website so that anyone can see which songs are getting the most votes.

In years past, Mariah has consistently held the #1 spot every year.  Mr. Grinch has always held the number 2 spot.  Here's the numbers as of 24 Dec....

Song title   Artist   Votes up / down  
  You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch   Burl Ives 49  /  0
  Feliz Navidad   Jose Feliciano 39  /  0
  All I Want for Christmas is You   Mariah Carey 38  /  0
  Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer   Gene Autry 24  /  0
  Jingle Bells   Barry Manilow with Expose' 19  /  0
  God Bless the USA   The American Patriots 16  /  1
  Carol of the Bells
  (Christmas Eve / Sarajeva 12/24)  
  Trans-Siberian Orchestra 15  /  0
  The Hanukkah Song   Elliot Dvorin 13  /  0
  Deck the Halls   Mannheim Steamroller 11  /  0
  Soldier's Silent Night   Father Ted Berndt 10  /  0
  Christmas Cannon   Trans-Siberian Orchestra 7  /  0
  Wizards In Winter   Trans-Siberian Orchestra 7  /  0
  A Mad Russian Christmas   Trans-Siberian Orchestra 5  /  0
  Hark! The Harold Angles Sing   Lake Ave. Church Organ & Orchestra   5  /  0
  Hallelujah Chorus - New   Shadrack 3  /  0

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Mariah has been displaced as the most requested song this year.

I have run MIIP for quite a few years which for those not familiar with BobO's great add on, allows your viewers to request that songs in your playlist be played either sooner or later.  One of the features of the MIIP client is that it gives the show owner statistics on among other things, the number of times that each sequence has played and how many votes that song has received.  This year I added the song voting stats to my show website so that anyone can see which songs are getting the most votes.

In years past, Mariah has consistently held the #1 spot every year.  Mr. Grinch has always held the number 2 spot.  Here's the numbers as of 24 Dec....

Song title   Artist   Votes up / down  
  You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch   Burl Ives 49  /  0
  Feliz Navidad   Jose Feliciano 39  /  0
  All I Want for Christmas is You   Mariah Carey 38  /  0
  Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer   Gene Autry 24  /  0
  Jingle Bells   Barry Manilow with Expose' 19  /  0
  God Bless the USA   The American Patriots 16  /  1
  Carol of the Bells
  (Christmas Eve / Sarajeva 12/24)  
  Trans-Siberian Orchestra 15  /  0
  The Hanukkah Song   Elliot Dvorin 13  /  0
  Deck the Halls   Mannheim Steamroller 11  /  0
  Soldier's Silent Night   Father Ted Berndt 10  /  0
  Christmas Cannon   Trans-Siberian Orchestra 7  /  0
  Wizards In Winter   Trans-Siberian Orchestra 7  /  0
  A Mad Russian Christmas   Trans-Siberian Orchestra 5  /  0
  Hark! The Harold Angles Sing   Lake Ave. Church Organ & Orchestra   5  /  0
  Hallelujah Chorus - New   Shadrack 3  /  0

That list is fascinating!   I myself would put most of these songs above Maria Carey's.   Before I will sequence a song, I have to like the song since I will be listening to it many many times over and over.  I just don't think I could do that song, just like I couldn't do Wham's "Last Christmas".   I like Feliz Navidad and have it in my list, but I wouldn't have guess it would be so high on the list.  I imagine a poll like this comes in handy from year to year in order to know what to take out and replace with new in order to keep the show below potentially several hours.

1 hour ago, Brad Stucky said:

That list is fascinating!   I myself would put most of these songs above Maria Carey's.   Before I will sequence a song, I have to like the song since I will be listening to it many many times over and over.  I just don't think I could do that song, just like I couldn't do Wham's "Last Christmas".   I like Feliz Navidad and have it in my list, but I wouldn't have guess it would be so high on the list.  I imagine a poll like this comes in handy from year to year in order to know what to take out and replace with new in order to keep the show below potentially several hours.

Bobs MIIP program is free and keeps track of which songs get bumped up in the que by onlookers. It is a really great program to use and yes, it allows you to decide to pull a song out of your shows playlist at any moment. It does so much more that what you can see by the poll shown above.

JR

• Like 1