Light-O-Rama Forums

Greenwich Lights 2022

PhilMassey

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

There are two lasers pointed at the house. The brighter one is a 5W rgb ILDA scanner.

I would have never guessed that. Looks great and that's a great idea

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

There are two lasers pointed at the house. The brighter one is a 5W rgb ILDA scanner.

Also do you have a link for the scanner you purchased? Thanks

Really nice job there Phil.   Really like TSO's First Snow.   Do I see minitrees that are using strings of red green, blue and white AC lights?    I have some of those as well (no white) and just can't see taking them out because they have that nice traditional lighting look to them.   The laser is a really cool addition.     Also, are those DMX light projectors using snowflakes projected out on the ground?  That's cool as well.

Thanks. 

The mini's are led strings. Red  on all nine and a different second color for 18 total channels. We have had tons of rain this year and they have been a pain with GFI trips. Tomato cages. This might be their last appearance and I'm thinking of retiring them for pixels.

There are 6 60W moving heads tucked under the eaves doing the various shapes.

We had more rain this year too, with GFI tripping.  They are tedious to set up and their are so many AC plugs that lay on the ground, that we, too have considered just dropping them, but since my wife usually sets them up and she won't go up on the roof to do any of that stuff, we just put them up from year to year so that she stays busy doing something with the display.  We have 32 of these with red, green, and blue AC lights,  plugged into 2 wiring harnesses from 2 sets of 3 controllers.  One for each end of the house.  Some of these are over 15 years old starting life as green AC only.    We also have a spiral tree with 16 sets of AC lights in RGB fashion and they trip the GFIs as well, but we like the look of the lights so much that we just can't take them out.

If you retire your AC lights on your minitrees, would you re-use the tomato cages for pixels?   Would you use dumb pixels or go the addressable route?

Definitely smart. You can make smart pixels dumb but never the other way around. I would probably go with something like the LOR coroplast minitrees and another Falcon controller. I like the look of my minitrees but it may be time to move on. May start growing tomatoes again.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Definitely smart. You can make smart pixels dumb but never the other way around. I would probably go with something like the LOR coroplast minitrees and another Falcon controller. I like the look of my minitrees but it may be time to move on. May start growing tomatoes again.....

Tomato sandwiches are always great!

Retiring my tomato cage mini trees was the best thing i did, although I didnt have a lot of issues with them since they were normally on my driveway and they were on their own GFCI and if they tripped the rest of my show would run.

Great job my friend.

JR

• Like 1

10 rows of 12 stakes. They have been a real pain this year. I have probably replaced over half of them due to water intrusion. Might have to rethink for next year and now some of the replacements are flakey.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxcmkkwm4pzsd54/20221222_153856.jpg?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...