Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Ability to schedule a shutdown immediately

dgrant

I created a single sequence show for daytime use since it was very dreary and terribly cold today. What I discovered however was when it was set to end, it was in a loop which insured it would not end until the loop finished. I wanted to set it to terminate immediately. Yes, we can manually terminate anything running immediately but it would be nice to have it available to shutdown on a schedule. When I said dreary, its +9F this moment and still falling here.

What type of loop was it in? Musical or Animation? At the end of a show an animation sequence should stop, regardless of where it is in the sequence. A musical would finish.

It was a 5 minute loop. Yes, it would have shut down on its own but I'd timed it to shutdown at 5Pm, therefore starting my pre-show which ends at 5:30 then the main show begins. The issue was it had just started another 5 minute loop which then knocked off everything else. I only suggest this for automation reasons therefore in case its running unattended.

Do you mean a loop within the Sequence?

Don't use loops in a sequence. If your pre-show (the one that is supposed to shutdown at 5pm) is animation only then it should shut down right at 5pm. 

Yes, it is a loop within the sequence. Simply put, it was just some roof light circuits and various props, just semi-random fading on/off. As I mentioned, it was dark and dreary outside so I just quickly created this and launched it as a single sequence show on its own. What caught me by surprise, it shouldn't have, was that it didn't shut down at 5Pm as I expected, rather another 5 minute loop had started. So I looked at the options to reset this to totally shut off at the appointed time and there wasn't any such option. Yes, we have the option to manually stop a show either immediately or after the current sequence.

I would have but when I created it, it was for 5 hours. Didn't feel like editing a 5 hour sequence. Its turned off now anyway as the sun is out but brutally cold out there.

In the version 6.1.8 Create Show dialog, under Options, there are new shutdown options - shutdown gracefully (after current song) and shutdown immediately. In your case, shutdown immediately would have worked nicely.