Light-O-Rama Forums

Show stops and horrific buzz occurs

USAF_Buzz

Well...this is a new one for me!

This year is the first year in over 10 that I have had any problems beyond the usual.  

Let me give you the background...16 controllers, 1 DMX, traditional setup.  This year I had my first controller lose a lan connection.  Of course its right in the middle of my chain.  So I bought the RS 485 Network repeater...that's the only new thing IT wise. Did all the pre-game tests, no errors, no comm errors, etc.  First game day, about 40 minutes in...the show stutters, stops for about 5 seconds with a horrible buzz, then it keeps on going.  Only to repeat this same horrible feature over, and over thru the night...but not on any pattern...all is very random.  I reloaded the 5.6.10 twice, changed comm ports, ensure my CPU was up dated.  Comm listener says zipp-o.  

I cannot for the life of me figure this out!

So any help is greatly appreciated!

Buzz

Playing from a computer or Director?  If a computer, does the Show player status show anything abnormal.

Confirm you are on S3 please.  I'll have to put on my thinking cap to go back that far...

BTW (unrelated).  Have they finished the construction work on I-25 that had it so badly messed up when I was there last year?

Edited by k6ccc

Yes on I-25...nice and smooth...for now! : D

I'm also playing from my computer, I'll see if I can get Show Player data

Thanks for the help!!!!!

• The topic was locked