Light-O-Rama Forums

Sound but no lights

Tomaudio

I have a startup sequence with no audio and I have a background sequence that starts lights that always run and power to my FM transmitter. I have a main sequence with 6 songs. If I run the program, the background sequence starts running but the startup sequence doesn't light any lights. When the Main part of the show starts running following the startup sequence, I only get the audio no lights. 

If I run the main program alone with no startup or background sequences the lights and audio run.

All sequences run and control lights when run from the sequencer. Also all lights work when using the test lights function.

I am running S6.1.6 Pro. All of these sequences ran correctly last year under S5.

Anybody got any ideas?

Please check the schedule of show times for both the background and the actual show. If good, on the create show page, make sure you made it "Active".

Only last possibility I can think of is back on the create shows page, have you checked the status of the sequences? If it says "needs prep" then it won't run till that is accomplished but I'd imagine that the background wouldn't either. I'll turn on my computer in a minute and see if anything stands out too me that might be causing your issue.

By chance did you set the show to start with a trigger? Have you run the show verifier? Hopefully the all or the correct days of the week were selected? Now I have nothing in my "Interactive Groups" so if you do...? Basic stuff, background show in the background area of the show, Startup sequences in the startup, Main show sequences in the main any any shutdown sequences are in the shutdown area. On the Play Shows page, hopefully it already has its box highlighted, indicating the show player is active with a list of shows ready to play on their assigned schedule? Past all that, I'd contact LOR and ask for help

By chance, are the controllers you are using, set up for an "enhanced" com port or a "regular" port? What color is the USB/LOR Adapter? What model(s) of controllers do you have? Some are compatible with the enhanced mode and others are not. What speed did you select for the port(s)?