Light-O-Rama Forums

"Turn Used Lights Off" is Unchecked but lights are still going off...

Michael82

I have an issue with a particular sequence within a show. I want all of my lights to remain ON at the conclusion of a sequence in my show configuration. I have left the box UNCHECKED next to "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" when I created the show. Yet there is this one particular sequence which a causing all my lights to go dark at the ned of its run.

I have made sure that the lights are on to the end of the sequence.
I have made a copy of the sequence and tried lengthening or shortening  the time with lights on at the end - No luck.

I do have other sequences in the show that the lights DO remain on as they should. It seems to be this one sequence that is misbehaving.

I guess I am wondering if there is an easy check or solution anyone may know.

Running LOR 6.1.2 - PRO

As a quick test of dgrant's theory, take some channel for a test, and select the entire row in the sequencing grid by selecting any timing mark in that row and typing the R key (which will select the entire row).  Then turn the selection on (N key will do).  Save As the sequence with a test name and put that into your show.  If that one channel stays on, it proves what dgrant said.

BTW, damn near guarantee that is the issue.

I've tried the suggestions and can't get it to work.

I've even shortened the length of time of the sequence by a full second. This did not help.

BUT... I added three sends to the sequence - and half the lights stayed on between the sequences. This is going through two controllers so now I'm suspecting some sort of a communication glitch and one controller is now operating correctly.

Today, after work I am going to try and re-set the controllers - just in case there may be some sort of communication glitch.

Background:
This is for a "Christmas in the Park" project that is happening in a week. I have five singing characters and I am only using two 16 channel residential controllers.
I didn't have the issue last year. I always test everything for the Park Project at the start of December after I have my home display going. If I can't figure it out the next couple of days I will just fade everything out at the conclusion of the sequence causing the issue and have the lights come back on at the start of the next sequence. 

Try copying the data to a different row, then on the suspect row, select the whole row and delete everything in it. Save then update the show creation status so the new playback file will be created. Next, create a show with just the single sequence, then run it. If the problem on the suspect channel(s) is still present, then yes, you've got some other issue. If the problem is gone on the suspect channel(s), then you know its the sequence itself. Another thing you could try would be to copy almost all of the row for the suspect channel, right click and copy. Then select the whole row, then push delete. Now back to the beginning of that row, Right click and Paste on the first block. Essentially removing all data from that row and pasting back in, something slightly less. In the preview, by chance do you have that channel(s) assigned to use some other channel's commands? Sorry, I'm on a roll here; do you have a background sequence that runs that possibly also commands that channel(s)? Other animation sequences too?

Here's a little tip.  If ANY problem related to lights are not operating the way it is expected, if the problem happens at the same point in the same sequence EVERY time, it's almost always a sequencing issue.

Note:  this assumes that the channels are correct in the Preview as far as channel assignments and that the controller IDs match the Preview.

I would think this could be the same throught all versions of the LOR Software, but how are you lengthening or shortening the sequence?  Are you doing it by just reassigning the time in the sequencer, or did you actually shorten the MP3 {Audio} file used?

If you DID NOT shorten or lengthen the audio file to the new time settings, you're not going to have any luck, as even if you cut off 1 or more seconds from the end of a sequence, no matter, the music will still play to its end BEYOND the sequence end time, at least that's *always* been my experience when lights were turning off BEFORE they should or turning off when they should stay on until the next sequence starts, as shortening the sequences only deletes everything beyond that time frame, the music if not edited to match still plays through to its end, even though the sequence was shortened, so once you cut the timing off short, you just added OFF commands past that point where the music still ends, therefore as soon as the sequences thinks its done, lights off, but music continues to its full time.

Just been my experience when this happened to me when I was first learning how this stuff works, it liked to drive me crazy trying to figure out the issue, I shortened the sequence, lights on all the way to what I saw was the end of the sequence, but the music file played on past that point, and as soon as it hit the end, lights off, music continued.  Is this happening when you play the shortened sequence, if so, then this could well be your issue.