Light-O-Rama Forums

First it was 3 Now its 6.

cbelt4

I spent a huge amount of time playing with 3 Demo. I thought I was a wiz thinking WOW this is easy. So I bought my first setup. As I was buying my setup my Wife of 34 years said "What do you need tomorrow". So I purchased 3 and 4 along with Show time central. and 4 controllers for a grand total of 64 connections err... Sorry ( 64 Props ). I had always thought a prop was an inflatable or a dead Charlie Brown Christmas tree. So lets see what I have here.

8 red on white Candy canes. With Clear lights along with Multi-color lights that I make. Ya try and find candy canes that are red on white don't be fooled by the white on red canes The ones I have are extremely hard to find.

500 C9 roof lights 125 red,125 blue,125 amber 125 Green. 150 C9 Shop Roof lights and they are as equally the same as my house.

I have 9000 individual icicle bulbs on 2 strings 1 clear 1 blue.

4 pillars with Red White and Blue light ropes X's 4 each colors try playing with those when cold.

8 Rose Bushes with 120 each clear and 120 Multi-Color Strings.

500 clear entry door lights.

1 wreath with 100 clear lights.

Grant you, I don't use every prop connection I have But when your messing with software that insist on changing every aspect of your show. Last year I almost and I mean it " ALMOST " Had this S5 understood.

Now this year I just paid for S6 I didn't install it. I still had S5 to figure out Especially for My Pixel Tree and Floods.

I have had it with continuous upgrades and updates. I had S5 Pro Now I have S6 Pro. My lights were running just fine a few days after Thanksgiving. Last week my lights went dark. Turns out Windows needed to update this computer. and of course it had to restart my computer a million times. I kinda forgot that this PC is not on a network with internet. Once Greedy Microsoft was done they deleted everything I had including maintenance records for my Truck and my wife's car. along with shop manuals I will never find again.

"POINT TO ALL OF THIS"

I didn't know of any issue why MS would have deleted personal files of mine and believe me I searched. I did some reading here in the forum and thought hmm Should be ok.... MAN WAS I WRONG. I had backups of my Sequences on my laptop so I decided to use sequences I made 2 years ago with S4. OK so by a show of hands A sequence that uses a Comm3 IRQ 11 is basically the same as unit 1 circuit 1 ..OK Raise your hand if you understood me. Am I correct? of course I am.

Last year My controllers and S5 This year Its S6.

I am tired of buttons that do the same as as others.....

AND BEFORE YOU SAY Well everyone knew on Facebook and I don't live on a computer. Hell I had the same smart phone for 10 years If it can make a phone call It works just fine for me. However the wife of 34 years made me upgrade that to. If anyone has time I could use the help to fix my issues.

PS: I hope I made you smile, I made my wife of 34 years smile.

I can't imagine how or why MS would delete your personal files. It should not have done so unless you asked it to do so. Why didn't you backup all of your files? If your computer was NOT on the internet, it should not have tried to update anything. I totally understand how using the older versions might make you feel safer but sometimes, newer versions come with a lot of improvements that make it well worth the effort. I've been doing LOR shows since the 2012 season, started learning in 2011. At this time, I'm using S6 and I find that its really nice and easy to use. If by chance you have an extra hard drive on your computer, did you know you can tell S6 to backup to a different location each time you save a sequence? Simply put, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!

MS (Windows) deletes things if you do a system restore vs repair.

The issue is you get too far down the wrong path before it becomes very obvious that the next step obliterates user stuff.