Light-O-Rama Forums

What am I missing? Part Deux

Sctiger

Ok, see if you can tell me what I'm missing OR is this just my sign to give up lol. 

I'm trying to run 2 networks. 1 with A/C controllers and 1 with my Pixie2 controllers and 10w floods.  Both have the red adapter. The A/C controllers are in Comm Port 3. Pixies in Comm Port 4.  My network preferences list Comm 3 as Regular and Comm 4 as Aux A. Both say enhanced.  

Whenever I run a sequence, only one network actually triggers lights...It's either A/C lights or Pixels but never both.  In the hardware utility, whenever I switch back and forth, I get the prompt about using that port for shows.  

I'm running 4.4.16 Pro after my earlier issues with S5.  Any thoughts?

Whatever port is the regular NW that should be your show port. So is aux A is comm4 always say "no" to using comm 4 to run the show

JR

7 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Whatever port is the regular NW that should be your show port. So is aux A is comm4 always say "no" to using comm 4 to run the show

JR

Yes. I've kept Comm Port 3 as my show port. It is the regular network.  Both ports won't work at the same time though. 

Edited by Sctiger

9 minutes ago, Sctiger said:

Yes. I've kept Comm Port 3 as my show port. It is the regular network.  Both ports won't work at the same time though. 

If yo clicked the button to 'run' the show, you messed up the Network settings (with help).

Right click the red (blue if a schedule is enabled) bulb in the tray and use the network configuration tool to put thing right.

Also be sure you do not have overlapping ID's, a common Pixie problem. Pixies USE multiple ID's, you just set the base (port 1), the rest are inherited from that

3 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

If yo clicked the button to 'run' the show, you messed up the Network settings (with help).

Right click the red (blue if a schedule is enabled) bulb in the tray and use the network configuration tool to put thing right.

Also be sure you do not have overlapping ID's, a common Pixie problem. Pixies USE multiple ID's, you just set the base (port 1), the rest are inherited from that

Comm 3 is set to regular in Network preferences and Comm 4 is Aux A.  (tried to screenshot but the file was too large)

Also the IDs are good, the one thing I can be sure of lol. I've been focusing on setting up the Pixies for a couple of weeks so I've actually seen those operate. It's when I tried to go live with both networks that I ran into this. In years past, I ran one enhanced network and daisy chained all of the controllers.  

Ok...second verse, same as the first. The network issue was resolved (Thanks JR!l). I failed to set the props up properly after splitting networks. 

Now...all 3 A/C controllers are showing up and operate in HU..but one controller doesn't control lights during a sequence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sctiger said:

Ok...second verse, same as the first. The network issue was resolved (Thanks JR!l). I failed to set the props up properly after splitting networks. 

Now...all 3 A/C controllers are showing up and operate in HU..but one controller doesn't control lights during a sequence. 

Did you finish fixing the Channel Config?

That would be the only cause (unless the controller or cable is damaged) that it would not work in the sequence.

Remember we tested all controllers with the "test" sequence and all worked. I think

JR

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Did you finish fixing the Channel Config?

That would be the only cause (unless the controller or cable is damaged) that it would not work in the sequence.

Remember we tested all controllers with the "test" sequence and all worked. I think

JR

I did. I just deleted the pixel controllers and imported the channel configuration with the correct network designations.

I'll run another cable tomorrow and try that...or set fire to it all in the driveway 🤣. Thanks for the suggestion!

3 minutes ago, Sctiger said:

I did. I just deleted the pixel controllers and imported the channel configuration with the correct network designations.

I'll run another cable tomorrow and try that...or set fire to it all in the driveway 🤣. Thanks for the suggestion!

Holler if you need me!

JR

• Thanks 1