Light-O-Rama Forums

Issues with new props

stunney
Go to solution Solved by TexasLights,

Hoping someone has the solution for this. I added some new props this year so I set them up in the preview, open a sequence, S5 added the new props and removed the old ones no problem. Now I'm having a couple issues when I go to program them.

In one sequence, 4 particular props won't let me add effects to those rows. I can add color to them if I enable channel level on pixel prop. If I don't enable channel level, the rows are all grayed out and I can't do anything to them.

In another sequence, it's not pulling all of my motion effect rows. The prop is there, listed with one motion effect rows but it actually has 5. When I double click on the prop, it lists 5 motion effect rows but only shows 1 in the sequencer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Most props for motion effects, need to be on an enhanced network. Usually, motion effects for props are RGB intelligent pixels and etc...Let me ask three things first, what type of controllers do you have? Next, are you controlling those props via a controller(s) on an enhanced network? Lastly, what kind of props are you trying to get to run a motion effect? I've had various software versions that seemed to add motion effect rows in the sequencer without my having done it. I simply right click on the extra rows and delete them. Don't worry, it'll warn you if there's programming associated with it before it deletes.

Sorry I should have specified more. These are all RGB props(set up as such in preview) running on enhanced network, pixie16 controller.

I've been doing RGBs for a few years, adding new props every year and never had these issues before. Still running S5 as I didn't want to play with fire upgrading to S6 this year

I'm on S6 now and I dare not load back to S5 while in the show season. Its possible you've got an issue with the software itself but rather than suggest a re-installation, you might wish to put in a support ticket with LOR first. It might be a more expeditious was to resolve this.

a couple random thoughts you might check/try

1) If the rows are greyed out in a view or in the show all items view, you can right click on the prop name and select manage motion effects row. There you can add additional rows if needed. 

2) For the missing 5 rows in your one sequence check for archived props in the show all items view. The effects may have been moved there for some reason. They will have a small @ sign before their name. You can copy and paste them in if they are there.

• Solution

if you added the motion effect rows after the prop was added to the sequence, try doing add motion effect rows from sequencer and then do merge defaults. Then save it and see if they show up.   Might be the same for both issues?

16 hours ago, TexasLights said:

if you added the motion effect rows after the prop was added to the sequence, try doing add motion effect rows from sequencer and then do merge defaults. Then save it and see if they show up.   Might be the same for both issues?

I swear I tried this a couple times and it wouldn't work but after reading your post I tried it again and it worked! 

Thanks!

• Like 1