Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Picker for Manipulating Images?

MSB

Hi Brian, I know you can add custom Colors to a pallet and then left click on the tail color and change the color and apply it to the grid. Trying to replicate a color by using the RGB and HSL numbers is very frustrating and time consuming. But I'm doing some pretty fancy stuff with some characters and it would be so much faster to pick an existing color from the image and then with a keystroke select that color to use in a different pixel. I'm just getting used to using the copy and paste features within Superstar. A little clunky but it does work. It just takes time to count pixels, etc. to get the features I need in the same positions.  I'm looking for anything to help speed up the process because the end result is pretty cool and way more interesting than a line of pixels with different shapes. Our tree is 48 x 100 360 so I have quite a bit of resolution to work with. Even on 1/2 the tree it's 24 x 100 which is plenty for some funny faces. It would be even better to be able to export the images, too.  I saw a video by Magnolia Christmas Display https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01sUrceCaUA  that works well for polishing up pixel props but when you are trying to polish images I can't find a way to set a preview for that.

This is my workflow:

1.  Create a low res JPG or PNG that fits the prop
  2. in Grid mode I set the grid to the bitmap and then manually manipulate the bitmap to get the image I need
  3. I then add the image to the list.
  4. Then assign the image to a singing face position
  5. Last Auto Sequence the image

Just some thoughts.

You can set the color controls to the color of an image pixel by pressing the Shift key and doing a left mouse button click on the pixel. Is that what you are asking?