Light-O-Rama Forums

TRYING TO GO FROM S4 to S6 with Mega Pixel Tree...not going well.

estevenson78

Good morning everyone, I had taken the last couple years off with life and I'm just trying to get back into light shows. So I'm doing 2 cosmic color ribbons on my garage roof and a 16 strand Mega Pixel tree from Holiday Coro and got a RGB tree topper from LOR this year. I'm having a couple issues:
When I create a preview in S6 things don't import over the right way. The tree from S4 has a bunch of channels and the tree in S6 does not. The star isn't showing up in my preview as well. I'm not sure if this is a set up issue on me end or not. Our town doesn't have a lot of this fun stuff to enjoy for the Christmas Spirit and I've been so glad to provide this for them each year, but man, it's starting to frustrate me to get it up and running, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Eric 

Unless you have an absolute NEED to move to S6 NOW, this is a really bad time to make that move.  Far better to do that move in January.  There is a substantial learning curve with S5 or S6. Just as an FYI, when the S6 Sequencer converts a sequence file to the S5/S6 format, it does NOT change your S4 files, so you could unload S6, reload S4 and all your sequences, and shows should be there - un-altered.

Is there a reason that you can't just run S4 for this season and plan on moving to S6 in a month? 

Jim, thanks for the reply, well, one reason is that I'm using a new laptop and I have a new element or two I'm adding, but maybe I can use the old laptop with S4 for this year if I can get it to survive! 

• The topic was locked