Light-O-Rama Forums

Light O rama video player crashes

Derek Xanders

Anyone else having this issue, where you set the video player up full screen and then works great until it goes to the next song and then gives the error that it cannot find the video file and then crashes the show? 

I'm making extensive use of the video player right now but I'm using 6.1.6. I'm not having this issue. First, make sure each of your video using sequences, you've selected the proper media file, which should be the video file then save each. Go to the you'll need to create the playback files and I'm trying to remember how to accomplish that in S5. Sorry, mental pause this moment. I think it was via under the File menu/sequence compressor. Please someone correct me. Either that or a create playback files option. The playback files are where the show plays from. They must be current and up too date.

Edit: This is easy to accomplish in S6 which is where you posted this issue. Your profile shows 5.6.8

Edited by dgrant

I'm using v5.6.10 and having the same issue. I submitted a ticket but no luck on resolution yet. The error occurs randomly. Last night my show ran all night. Tonight I couldn't get through the more than a couple of sequences before it started. I had temporary success changing the video options (under sequencer preferences in the sequencer) to push video I'm full screen to display 2 and making display 2 my primary display. 

These are for S6 not S5, sorry. My primary display is screen 1. My playback screen is my display 3, I have 4 monitors. My output to the projector comes from Display 3's connector. During the setups, there are two different places to configure which screen and size. First is in the sequencer itself. Tools, Sequencer Preferences then the Video tab. In there, first put your video the screen that you desire and check the first option to display videos in a window. Then move the video display in the sequence to the desired monitor. Then, check the second option to Display full screen.

Now for playing a show, in the CP, go to the bottom left and select Settings. Now select the Video tab. Do the same as you did for a sequence but now its for the show player. They are indeed separate functions. Now I've run into issues with this actually working all the time so it was suggested to me that I not start up S6 automatically when I reboot, rather wait till everything else is done on boot then start the CP. Still I had issues but I found that if each day when I boot up, I wait, start the CP, then go to the Live Player, load a CUE file, select any sequence with a video within, launch it and insure that the video player goes to the correct screen. Now it seems to be happy.

I'll see what's involved with S5 on another machine but it was never setup for video.

Edited by dgrant

S5, its all in the Sequencer itself. Possibly for each individual sequence too. Under Tools, Sequencer Preferences, Video tab, left side is for the sequencer video. The right side is for the show player video.